VESC Data Log Analyzer (VDLA)

Just get a BLE module and use Ackmaniac’s app. I worked with Solartutle (Peter) for debugging/improving his app but he’s silent since months now. BTW I felt he wasn’t really considering my feedbacks either. :pensive:

I finally had a ride to test both Ackmanic new firmware and then your website. Your VDLA tool is so POWERFUL !

It really deserves a nice layout, instead of a simple button. :wink: I’ll donate to keep you motivated with this wonderful project !

Next step : to be able to upload the csv file directly from the app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for your work !

Uploaded a few hours worth of ride data so far - my thoughts:

• First off - awesome work. I’ve been using this a lot and it’s really useful!
  • When loading longer rides (30-60 min) it gets really laggy when viewing the data.
  • Can’t zoom if GPS data is missing from the CSV file
  • Doesn’t work properly with the “Speed_Unit” parameter on the CSV. If I set the @Ackmaniac app to MPH units, it doesn’t convert the GPS speed properly on the data logging site, but the wheel speed is fine. If I set the app to kph and change your data logging site to mph that works.

Speed_Unit=1 (mph set in Akmaniac app)

Speed_Unit=0 (kph set in Akmaniac app)

CSV file doesn’t change the values for wheel speed or GPS speed with that setting in the app, just the Speed_Unit flag it seems?

Smashed my monster through the dirt agan: 1200Wh on 15km in 50min (with stops) 80Wh per km 8,4kW peak

-> 2017-03-03…

2 Likes

I hope a video exists as well.

1 Like

Sorry, no video this time. Had to concentrate on riding…

Does this work with @evoheyax 's VESC Vision yet?

No, I need to add this to my todo list. It will be easier once I get the website done.

Did some more test rides yesterday, for science… :wink:

This time with a Trampenstein board (Trampa, Next and MBS parts), which I built for a friend.

2WD VESC 4.10 0,0005Ohm shunts, 12s, c6364 with hall sensors, 9" tires, 120A motor max / 120A battery max

peak power around 5kW

average at 20kmh on gravel: 300W average at 30kmh on gravel: 600W average at 40kmh on gravel: 1300W

average at 40kmh on grass: 1600W

average 50wh/km for shredding on grass

-> 2017-03-26…

1 Like

Trampenstein :smile: Thats funny

Any plans on bringing something similar to METR’s overlay to VDLA?

https://metr.at/overlay

:slight_smile:

I am looking into Building a generator like that. If i find a way to do it without overloading my servers, i am happy to contribute it to the Community.

I also need to figure out how to be able to sync Video and Data properly, maybe @Ackmaniac needs to add a button in the app that visually(or by beeping) indicates and at the same time writes a sync timestamp to the file.

Edit: Btw, do you prefer Text only overlays or do you want some sort of fancy graphs like the App itself does?

Or make a video directly with the app.

Well, my Phone does not record 4k, nor does it have an optical Image Stabilizer, nor do i have a proper mount for it. Your integrated Video fuction is perfect for quick shots, but the image quality is not that good due to the Smartphone Camera and missing mounting.

But what you could do (If you have a rooted device), is Injecting a green image Instead of real camera footage, record with the app and cut it togeteher afterwards. but that is not the cleanest method.

Edit: Or maybe you want to implement a record to greenscreen option?

Time stamp would be perfect and really easy to sync in post. Text is totally fine, having graphs and GPS would be awesome. Alternatively, something as simple as just having the VDLA playback in realtime where I could record the screen would work. Thats a good idea with injecting the green image - my phones is not rooted, but I think I can just to pocket the phone, record, then crop out everything but telemetry for an overlay. Bit kludgy but it should work.

@ackmaniac It’s hard mounting the phone to record properly. The quality also isn’t there. That and if I drop my phone while boarding there goes 700 bucks.

lol

1 Like

Edit: Would it be possible implement a “record to greenscreen” option where you do your normal recording stuff but use a green image instead of the camera image?

I just made a little Update to see the statistics on mobile better. Please Report back if it helped and the text is readable like this:

Screenshot_20180705-122657

Donations are appreciated :wink:

6 Likes

Somehow missed this thread in the past was wondering what this VDLA thing was people were referencing in a few other threads. Regarding the stats curious why showing down to hundreths seems like tenths at most would be enough precision and can make the text bigger then (might also be worth grouping the max vs min stuff so wouldn’t need to repeat max so many times in the view). Looks good though will have to check this out at some point.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me what average what/km/h means?

I understand what average wh/mi + wh/km is… But per hour? Why is it so much higher?