Versatile Build?

Nice! Its a pretty pronounced kick tail! I don’t plan on even trying to pop it up

Oh lol sorry, its just that checking the carvon site for the XL normally suggest not to go offroad or on hilly areas leading me to believe its for flatland or cruising

Nice I would’ve done the same thing! Do the carvon deives handle inclines well? I would like the confidence of riding it up hills and over damp roads after a moderate rain shower. I’m thinking an evo or tesseract deck with pneumatics on the carvons XL’s. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Sounds like a solid build

1 Like

Ahh I actually remember reading that now, that’s a shame really as it they would be awesome motors for pneumatics.

1 Like

Thanks I’m liking the idea or go with a basalt tesseract for a good all arounder but I’m not sure if I can get my hands on the carvons as they are difficult to get a hold of lol

1 Like

I am wanting to make my own board from basalt

1 Like

What build do you plan on making on it? Glad to see more builder using the newer deck from loaded

No like I plan on spending a few hundred $ from a local supplier to buy a roll of basalt and making my own board lol

1 Like

Lol Nice sorry I didn’t get you at first though I’ve noticed more builder using basalt in their decks due to its lightweight properties similar to fiberglass. Good to see innovation in the builder community

I agree I’m not sure if that’s Jerry making sure that the Carvon drives aren’t abused or if it’s simply a concern when using these types of drives

I think it might be because they do not have the torque needed to tackle large hills and off-roading when coupled with a large pneumatic wheel

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. I may have to go with belts for the mean time until direct drives can dish out the torque for steeper inclines and grass/gravel though I’m sure they perform well on flat roads

Would anyone be able to make an enclosure for a basalt tesseract? I think I want to go with this build now instead of going for the Lacroix for shipping cost reasons

@Eboosted might have an enclosure for these decks, I know @bigben also had an enclosure for a tesseract deck

2 Likes

@eboosted what do you think about making one for the loaded basalt tesseract? There arent alot but it’s understandable for a relatively new deck(using basalt)

@Wraith I LOVE that deck, its got such a long stance when your foot is on the trail - feels really stable at least up to 30mph

I tried a overland deck the tail felt so limp and flat after using this, i got a psychotiller split enc. to fit fairly well (building my second one with some offroad tires :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sk8l8r That’s awesome! Do you have build log for it? Its the basalt tesseract right? I’ve only seen the truncated tesseract so far on the forum. Are you going to be running pneumatics on it or the MBS offroad wheels like the ones from enertion? Would you need spring suspension on it to get a proper AT build? I imagined it could handle the speed really well because its a downhill board. Do you have the trucks on set to the longer wheel base?

its the lush machine https://lushlongboards.com/buy/machine-3d/

not started it yet just collection parts while im doing my current build (this is taking every second of my non work time lol https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/clone-evo-landyachtz-evo-falcon-boa-100-13s5p-top-mount-focbox-sk3-6374-metr-pro/57765)

its going to be pneumatics not decided one the type yet but since I got my Bajaboard years ago all I wanted was to try some real off road with a real kick tail :slight_smile:

I have my Bajaboard for real proper off road and if I tried to DIY some suspension I would def. be disappointed

And planning on TB218 trucks.

That build looks amazing!! I’m thinking about going for the Carvon 4WD as the evo deck is tried and tested plus not having to worry about any belts/chains/gears is a plus maybe deck swap it to the tesseract or try the lush machine too in the future