Clone Evo | Landyachtz Evo Falcon | ABEC 107mm | 13s5p | Top Mount FocBox | SK3 6374 | Metr Pro

Inspired by @Deckoz ‘Master Evo’ ‘Clone’ makes sense

Starting my build thread to help me keep track of the last parts - attempting to wait until I have everything in one big exquisite pile :sunglasses:

Waiting for the enclosure but looks like a 13s5p is possible :smile:

the lovely red FocBox case is going on top

19 Likes

13s5p fits without focboxes in there :open_mouth:

This build is gonna be freaking awesome dude. If you can’t figure out a charger leme know I’ll find my links for charger and bms. I used

2 Likes

:mag_right: watching :smiley:

2 Likes

I was hoping 5p will fit - I ordered enough :slight_smile:

I tried ordering the same charger but only ships US

1 Like

Another sweet evo build. Gonna follow this one :smile:

2 Likes

I ordered similar charger but I’m having trouble finding a female for the connector and too bulky for my liking - you replace yours right? could’nt tell from the pics what you changed it to :slight_smile:

Guys enough of Red Evo’s I wanted to be alone :frowning: You even taken same red focbox case :frowning:

Joking Joking :smiley: Nice Project Keep it up

BTW did you ordered the case because there is no more available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks and I didn’t even consider it until I saw your Mark 48 build :slight_smile:

yes, I forgot all about it until I was on holiday - ordered on bus on route to Corfu Town lol

1 Like

Hey there.

I ordered a two pin SP13 2 Pin Aviation connector, that included male and female sides, it is 13mm in diameter so not much bigger then the 9mm diameter DC plugs.

I haven’t received it yet, but have used SP13 connectors in the past for other projects. I don’t plan on cutting my chargers, just making a 3-5" hot plug with the new end, incase I ever sell the chargers.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172382452044

2 Likes

Progress: Foc Box Case

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/cases/products/limited-edition-red-dual-focbox-case-with-cooling-fins-v2?variant=12113165746269

Foc Box enclosure arrived, looks great and quality is excellent - more than happy with it :slight_smile: @Kug3lis Now where to mount? always imagined it mid board, and I think it looks cool there

practicality would dictate something a little more ‘near the motors’

not sure about there will have to see how it looks with trucks.

Progress: Battery

Spot Welder arrived and built, decided on a lipo rather than car battery

all plugged in and working :slight_smile:

ready to test and uhhhhh new battery and I have nothing to charge it here lol

looks cool though

5 Likes

Maybe rotating the box 90 degrees on the tail. Only have to do some neat cable management to make it look slick…

2 Likes

I think it not being symmetrical would drive me nuts will try it see how it looks;

You should had bought the mounting plate and mount it on the back :slight_smile: I will do the same on my evo

1 Like

Didn’t even see there was a red one! Ordered thanks :slight_smile:

when you’re done could you get dimensions of your battery?

looking at the same Deck and Enclosure setup and was curious if it’d fit Dual Foc’s and 10s5p flat pack

@chris.hunt will do , should be getting the enc. very soon

Progress:

• Some test welds… image

• mock-up 5P group using old cells (spot welded fuse wire - will be adding shrink round the wires) image

• first attempt at mounting :slight_smile: image

• setting up focboxes using can bus and configured Metr Pro (can bus) image

• mounting in foccase (waiting on the mount) image

• need to think about how to mount Metr and Receiver, going to try internal to case image

• both motors spinning and Metr working fine, really starting to take shape :sunglasses: image

6 Likes

Be careful with Y splitter and CAN bus I burned one of my FocBox when one XT90 got disconnected…

Use ziptie two tie in between the wires to not let them disconnect without removing zip tie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually have an unused 13s charger if @sk8l8r you want to pick it up on the cheap!

1 Like

I did read this when I started debugging things, I must admit that if I’d not read those horror stories I would have def. tried one box on and the other without power and the CAN bus connected.

I found @Deckoz video on canbus setup really helpful, oddly I had all those settings right but never occurred to me that my remote binding/Metr connect issues were due to having the USB port connected! I didn’t see this anywhere else.

@JohnTakesPhotos I have one on order but thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have been using one receiver pr. Focbox on my dual drive for over a year now, without any problems. The only thing the two focboxes share, is main plus/minus. I like the redundancy of that setup. If one receiver/focbox fails, i stil have one working , and can brake. With one receiver and can bus shit, if one fucks Up, you are without brakes and maybe both focboxes will get killd

1 Like