Versatile Build?

well I plan to try and help in that area… I made a circuit that uses relays to swithc between terminations on the fly which means u can have torque or speed on demand depending on ur termination… Now i am working on a new circuit that is even SMALLER but involces more circuitry and a pcb so… we’ll see how it turns out

as for the debris, i cant answer tht as i dont have either yet, but come september when i get my funds i will be buying a set and making covers to help protect against them

1 Like

Woah really interested in that! So you just need to re-wire it on the fly to suit the ride you want? Not having to worry about belts/chains or gears is nice over the long run as there aren’t any other factors that you need to check on for the x years that you’ll be using the build. That’s my two cents on maintenantfor those drive systems

Do you plan on going 4WD or a 2WD? I’m not sure about shipping costs for me as I live in the Philippines

If you get the torque drive it’s meant to be able to work with pneumatic wheels

1 Like

Yeah I saw the sneek peek of @torqueboards. Looks really promising and if I can fit pneumatics for some light off-roading then I can see myself picking up a pair for sure! Would love to get protectors for it as small rocks and pebbles are often in my path

pretty much, so in one termination you get torque at the cost of ur top end… useful for climbing hills and initial take off. in the other termination, u get a greater topend at the cost of torque, useful for flat land and cruising… by having a switch u can get the best of both worlds, the only problem i am facing RN is i dont know how they will act with the vesc, it could short them or confuse them. ALSO if u are at full throttle and u hit the switch u will either be slowing way down or speeding way up, either way u will go flying… so i need a way to tell the board to brake slowly and delay the switch until a specific rpm is met (when going from speed to torque) and a way to delay the throttle ramp up when going from torque to speed so the board doesnt shoot from under you

also i always build 2wd but i am wanting to do a 4wd in the near future

1 Like

There is a deck, I forgot the name but @sk8l8r would know. It’s a longboard with a tail and might be what you’re looking for…

1 Like

Very ambitious project that the rest of the builder community can definitely build upon and help out with! Unfortunately hardware isn’t my strong suite so just building my first eboard already feels like a daunting task. I may just put it off until I can decide on the drive train to use as that’s integral for the build

Thanks @b264! Is it symmetrical? What are the dimensions? Hi @sk8l8r could you drop a link on the deck? Im open to exploring all options!

I remembered - it’s the Lush Machine

1 Like

15310382282251225962578 1531038260644721671711

This is the one iI was talking about before we got off topic lol… has a small tail and nose

1 Like

I was actually meaning the carvon torque drives. I didn’t know torque boards new hubs could fit pneumatics, that’s awesome

1 Like

Idk if TB can fit pnemies yet or not… it might be like carvons where u switch an adapter plate, either way I will just print an adapter for pneumatics or print my rims with the abec pattern inside lol

1 Like

Nice! Its a pretty pronounced kick tail! I don’t plan on even trying to pop it up

Oh lol sorry, its just that checking the carvon site for the XL normally suggest not to go offroad or on hilly areas leading me to believe its for flatland or cruising

Nice I would’ve done the same thing! Do the carvon deives handle inclines well? I would like the confidence of riding it up hills and over damp roads after a moderate rain shower. I’m thinking an evo or tesseract deck with pneumatics on the carvons XL’s. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Sounds like a solid build

1 Like

Ahh I actually remember reading that now, that’s a shame really as it they would be awesome motors for pneumatics.

1 Like

Thanks I’m liking the idea or go with a basalt tesseract for a good all arounder but I’m not sure if I can get my hands on the carvons as they are difficult to get a hold of lol

1 Like

I am wanting to make my own board from basalt

1 Like