Venice Beach Cruiser | Arbor Vugenhausen | Mono RSpec6372 | SpaceCell Pro 3 | VESC | Winning Remote

Does your bulge/screw knock on the hanger at all? Mine does. Haven’t had a moment to look at what exactly it is yet as the motor mount is blocking it. Will have a look when I return from Vegas.

Yeah i have noticed that even with as much even torquing the pulley messy not sit 100% true to the centred of the wheel. One of mine fits pretty much dead center and doesn’t touch even though when you spin it you can see the runout I’d slightly off. The second is slightly off when there’s no force on the board but once I stand on it and roll around the knocking was not there. But also these have a very tight tolerance around the truck hanger. There’s not a whole lot of room to work with with an unmodified calibre hanger and the kegel core.

10-4 Well thanks for the insight- I’m not super concerned about it but I’ll do some further investigation and let you know what i find

Truest. Statement. On. This. Forum.

2 Likes

Hey dude, what all parts are you waiting for? I have my chaka vesc that’s gonna be unused for the next few days until I get a new battery/low voltage alarms if you wanna hookup and try out your board. I had 3x 4s batteries but one got over drained so now I’m just at 8s, which is iffy with 149kv motor. Wanna hook it up?

hey mike- thanks for the offer- I’ve got a lot going on this week and next so maybe down the road. Hopefully by the time I’m not so busy I’ll have my SpaceCell and VESC.

could it be?

It is!.. a spacecell… with no VESC…

what a fucking dick tease.

1 Like

Hey gang. I’m assembling the drive train today. I’m questioning if mounting the 6372 rspec with the motors wires out the back is the right way to go. The entry point into the motor is scary close to the mount. Does that seem right?? See photos

1 Like

also- i begining to understand why so many people around here use 1/2" risers. :confused: theres no where for the wires to go under the motor with 1/4" and the motor is going to hit the deck under heavy turning. looks like im going back to the skate shop today

wires back is the right way to go. You can kind of adjust the angle on the mount though you may end up with the CF plate hitting the trucks. In my case I shaved off a 1mm of my trucks to make room for the CF plate and angled it more down toward the ground. I use 5/16" risers myself.

10-4. I think my situation is slightly diff with the 63mm motor tho. either way- i know this is the prescribed method so im going with it for now until someone tells me im an idiot.

I went down the the Arbor store, got some stiffer bushings and 1/2’ risers. mounting those up now.

Also notice that my damn BMS on the spacecell is also now set to a different mode and not showing percentage. I’m going to peel that back and push some buttons.

1 Like

Weird one. Just took the motor out of the box and permanently mounted it to the calibers… It appears that my pulley is either not a perfect circle or the motor shaft is bent. There’s a slight wobble when the motor spins. anyone seen this before? Its not super distinct but you can see it in this video. Ideas @carl.1 ? I’ve logged a case as well. Thanks!

Vid: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qphbueoaso0vot/2016-08-28%2018.23.59.mov?dl=0

I just assembled my drivetrain with the 6372 rspec over the weekend. No power to the motor yet but when spinning the motor by hand, the pulley on mine goes perfectly round. Not sure what that will do to your belt over time.

yeah, i’m a little concerned. not sure if this is a manufacturing defect or what, I’ve emailed enertion. I get the VESC today and was hoping to put humpty dumpty together. I’m going to keep going and see what happens once its powered. :confused:

It may just be the outer plate that’s uneven, try taking a look at the teeth and see if any of them are undulating up and down as you turn.

yeah, they go up and down on one side when look at it straight on.

Yea, sounds like you need a new pulley. Try taking off the pulley altogether and rotate the motor to see if the shaft wobbles as well.

@jinra - that damn pulley was a real bitch to get on in the first place. I’ll see what i can do when i get home. hoping to hear back from @carl.1 @onloop on this as well. Thanks!

the motor shaft looks like it’s not moving up/down, so i’m guessing the gear as well. If you remove the gear - spin the motor again and look for up/down or side/side play which would mean a bent motor shaft. Likely just the gear is slightly off center when drilled out for 8mm.

GL!

I had somewhat of a tough time getting my pulley on as well. I thought it’d go on a little easier than it did. I sat the motor on the flat side with the shaft pointing up and put all of my weight down on the pulley. Only then did it slide all the way down.

I have a good feeling I’ll need a pulley removal tool if that pulley needs to come off or I re-use the mount for a different motor. I hear the 6372 rspec is a badass for mono drive anyways, so I don’t see that happening anytime soon. ¯_(ツ)_/¯