Vanguard Orange | 10s | SK3 I VESC

Thanks!

80A sounds decent at 6s configuration. It really depends what sort of esc and motor you are using. It would be good if you could limit the amp draw from the battery for example using esc that has that limiting capability.

Your motor will draw different amps in different situations. When cruising at flats the basic esk8 motors will draw under 10A. I bet that the max amps (50A-70A) you will be drawing when going hills or accelerate hard.

You can always go higher voltage to lower your amps!

1 Like

10A, that’s low haha, I have the mamba monster 2 and the sk3 245kv. The mamba says it can continually draw up to 120A, so I don’t know, that’s probably way too much.

Btw, how’s that beauty going? Do you use it all the time?

Max amp draw of mamba is 120A. There is not a such thing as too much amp rating for ESC.

Your board will performance good with 6s4p battery Mamba 2 and 245kv motor :slight_smile:

Yes I am using it full time! Upgraded it with 192kv motor and 15mm belt, now this is rock solid!

2 Likes

Why did you go to 192kv? Was 168kv not cutting it?

Can you compare the two please? I am trying to decide between the two.

Well there is two reasons why I upgraded to 192kv motor. First I wanted more speed, it is not much but something. (Of cource I could done that with gearing) There is really not a noticeable difference in torque between those two.

The main reason why changed the motor is because I am building a 12s board and 168kv would be more suitable with it.

So I would say go with the 192kv if you are running max 10s, and above that go with 168kv.

1 Like

Sweet build!! =) That board looks awesome, feel good to ride? even fast? =)

/Oliver, Sweden!

First of all awesome build I just love it. Would you mind explaining (hopefully not again) how you did to balance the cells ? I don.t see how to balance all 10S when charger has only 5 or 6 ?

Thank you.

Just scroll up a bit: Here & here. The idea is that you connect the batteries (2 times 5S2P) in parallel when charging (so a 5S4P pack) and then connect them in series (10S2P) when discharging, this way they balance each other before charging (this is called parallel charging if you want to look more into this) and you can charge with a 5S charger.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes love the flex just love it. Much more relaxing ride with flex board :slight_smile: Fast enough for me!

How fast? =P first try 44km/h with my 190rspec vesc 10s lipo =)!

I am in a same range, maxed 40kmh :slight_smile:

Hi man i come back with another question.

1.How important is your battery upgrade to 5s3p ?? and what is rlly the difference between that and 5s2p ( except the extra capacity) if you can explain this would be awesome.

2.Also could you give some updates on what remote control are you using ? or what would be nice to have? i read a lot of post where pll say they lost connection and stuff like that… I will use a vesc from electricboards.com and im still not sure what will be the best remote.

3.And what type of transmission belt should i use… i saw the rubber ones break from time to time… is there a better alternative ??

Thank you for your help

.1 More cells you put in parallel less stress is put on a single cell. 2P configuration wasn’t enough to give me the range what I needed. The pack was draining fast.

.2 I am using GT2B with Badwolf mod. Any quality 2.4GHz transmitter works fine.

.3 If you are running dual motors 9mm belt is enough. Single I would go for 12-15mm. The quality belts will last. I am still using my first 15mm belt and I have been using it for two months now. And still no sign of wearing.

Got the enclosures last week! fits perfect =) thanks alot man!

I’ll post a thread when i got everything !

Great, glad that you are happy!

Can’t wait :sunglasses:

Greetings from sweden, what a great build man. You have any videos to share of it in action? And was it hard to get the parts to Europe?

No not yet but planning to make some!

Pulleys and belts was hard to locate but now supply has grown and everything is much easier to find. All my parts are from Europe, except my motor pulley.

How are you able to split the current from the charger in the 2nd diagram?

huh? What do you mean? It is not like you have to take care of “splitting” current. Once you connect something in parallel it will do this automatically.

wait so all I need to do is take -battery 1 positive end -battery 2 negative end

and plug it into the balance charger while the loop key is also in?