Vanguard Orange | 10s | SK3 I VESC

What? I get the feeling you have no idea what the image shows. What you are describing is standard charging in a series configuration (connect in series, then take bat1 ground and bat2 pos to the charger). This can be done when you have a suitable charger. The image shows how you can charge two batteries in parallel that are usually connected in series. This is necessary when your charger is only 6S and you want to ride 12S (2x6S in series) for example. Clear now?

@maxid Cleared your question pretty well

Right I get what you’re trying to say.

My question is more what kind of wiring setup did you do to split the red wire into to from the charger to connect one to the xt90 and one to the loop.

I did not do anything - this is not my setup but just a diagram to answer a previous question. Are you seriously asking how to split a cable? :confused:

Hello, im having some problems with the battery. I.m not sure if 10s3p will give enough Amps for the motor. Can you give me some feedback how is for you ? i mean ill use the 190kv motor from enertion and im not sure how many Amps will use.

Im thinking to use same 18650 batteries 10s3p ->60A but again will this be enough for the motor ? i dont want to force the mottor or batteries or burn something.

The motors are similar so i dont think is a problem if i compare them. I would like to know about what distance you can use it with this setup.

Thank you.

10s3p is enough but it is not a bad idea to add one p more if you have room to do that. I suggest that you use LG’s HE4 cells. They are almost the same as HE2 but they do not sag as much:)

But answer to your question: You will be good with 10s3p pack and Enertion motor. Actually the original space cell used HE2 cells in 10s3p confiquration.

I am getting about ±15km of range with 3p pack. But no problem to empty the battery in 10km, but that really needs an effort :grin:

1 Like

im not sure yet how much space ill have … atm im still waiting for my parts… enertions delays are a nightmare.

my problem now is $$ but ill figure it out… im not sure how to welder the cells. i don’t have a welding machine and i heard that is bad to solder them:-/…

also I’m still not sure if i should use a BMS or my lipo charger… somehow i wouldn.t like to carry the charger with me all the time sigh

Yes I know, waiting is killing :older_woman:

HE4 cells cost about 40e per extra p, so it is really not that much. Do not solder your battery, cells take damage from heat. I suggest that you go to you local battery store and they will weld the battery for you. Price is somewhere in the range of 10-20euros.

There is so many options to charge your battery. Look different build threads and deside what serves your preferences :slight_smile:

Do you have any pictures of your vacuum setup? I’m trying to thermo form some enclosures by hand and its a pain in the ass.

@brandon check my build thread, there’s plenty of pics of a 24" vacuum table and heater.

Look up the first post in this thread, there is link to the pictures and there is picture of my vacuum table.

I bought the 12mm pulley kit with their motor mounts from DIY Electric Skateboard

I’ll run 6355 motors, do you think they’ll fit fine? why do you suggest only 9mm belts?

Coz its much easier to fit dual rear with 9mm belts than with 12mm ones.

If you have a grinding stone you could’ve just ground a few mm of those screw inserts away to enable screwing in all the way…same with the bolts…

I agree with @IDVert3X. You might have problems with space when fitting dual rear with 12mm belts. Of course this depends what trucks you use.

@darkkevind you are right!

It’s not the belts that govern the size, it’s the width of the pulleys. So if the pully, with a 9mm belt has space either side of it ie. you can see some silver/black aluminium still, then there’s space for a wider belt…

Upgraded my battery and enclosure. Battery is 10s3p. I also updated my charging system (again). I can now only use balance port to charge the battery. Before I had to connect 4 cords to charge my battery.

7 Likes

Hello man. Good to see that you are improving your build.

I would love if you could point me i the right direction with the BMS maybe a bit about how to charge with it. I know you have to connect every cell so it will be balance but thats prty much all i know.

What model you have and where could i get one ? Also the carger is just a laptop charger or ??

Thank you.

Love the build! Read a ton of this thread and learned a lot! I know the Loaded deck is pretty springy…does the battery container or the screw holes not take any stress when the board bends?

hey @Dunkirk what charger do you use ? i cannot find anything over 2a for 42v any advice ?? thank you