Unnamed | 245kv | 6s1p 5ah | first build

Can’t say…depends on each person

Ok will print up a few sizes and start low and work my way up the ratio to find a nice spot. Hopefully with find a good ratio that doesn’t over work the motor to much but give me a decent speed without to much heat.

1 Like

What are the lipo balance leads call which people join two 3s into a 6s

Also wondering would it be any different to get 3x 2s at 5000mah over 2x3s at 6000mah would still be ok ?

Drive wheel being printed today. 32t and then a 15t pinion on the motor. Everything is ordered now just seating everything to arrive.

1 Like

So everything els has arrived ready for my to start my build now. Over next few days will need help wring the lipo. I have brought connectors and extra balance leads so that I can charge from out side the battery compartment and all three at once. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to help me.

Hope u aren’t planning to print a motor pulley too as I don’t think that works

What charger u using? How many in series?

I think just 6s you said. Just put them all in series and keep them that way and use an xt90s plug and a 15$ balancer/discharger. That’s what I’d do.

ABS printed pulleys work. They just don’t last that long. I usually get about 50 - 80 miles out of a 36t printed pulley. Just print a lot of extras!

Motor pulley? That’d be few grooves/teeth

1 Like

Oops.:scream: I didn’t realize they were talking about the motor pulley. I should probably read more carefully. I no function good beer without!:beer:

I ,definitely, would not suggest going with a printed motor pulley. Wheel pulley is fine.

1 Like

Mccloed and other Bay Area-rs: The April 1st race never happened here in SF but when Jinra gets his Gt in like a month he said he’d meet up. It’d be nice to have all the Bay Area boards meet and bring our big batteries then. Ride each other’s stuff and compare.

Please @Hummie post pictures and video… Things like that is great motivation for people thinking abt building a board and people that are building and need some inspiration…

Yes I want to wire in series I have some 4mm bullet connectors to join them together then a deans for the main charging/connector to the esc. So 3x2s batteries in series I know how to wire the main ones but how would I join the balance leads. As for the motor pinion I have ordered a aluminium 15t but if it down arrive in time I will print one to get it tested.

U can’t join the balance leads.
Simplest to me is the two packs in series with one xt90s plug and charge discharge through there bulk charging, and put a 15$ battery medic on each set of 6 balance wires.

I’ll try to do pics and some video when we meet. Get the most eboards in one frame

So this is how I have wired the batteries and was hoping to cut the plugs off and make a custom balance lead out of a second 6s balance lead.

Those are 2s packs I guess. U can make them into a 6s balance lead and that’s the safest easiest thing to do. Just string them in the order u have them in series. Otherwise u could put the cells in parallel and balance but that kinda defeats the purpose as u wouldn’t be monitoring individual cells, and ud have to disconnect the paralleled cell connections when u put it back in series or you’d be shorting

Yea that’s what I’m hoping to do but unsure on which wires go where on the balance lead as there is 9 wires and then a 6s lead only has 7 so where do the other two go. Does everyone els get a spark when connecting the batteries to the esc and how could I stop that. Also was thinking of having a second charging deans so I wouldn’t have to unplug all the time.

If u redo the balance leads and connect them u should have 7 little wires. Think of each cell needing two wires to monitor. Cells share wires when they can. Keep them in order determined by ur main series connection. I’ve never put wires in a glance plug so don’t know how hard that is

the spark will oxidize ur connectors adding resistance. Some people think that’s the worst of it but most people who really know say it will destroy your esc over time. Xt90s plug solve it. When u say having a seperate charging plug it seems overly complicated to me…you’d still want to disconnect from the esc anyway when off or charging. I think if u bring all ur balance plugs together to use a single 6s plug that’s could make things more convenient (I like battery medic-like devices on those) and use a single xt90s plug to charge and power the board…that seems easiest to use

Was thinking about having a kill switch on the + wire before esc but after the first connector so I can switch of the esc and have an extra connector to charge meaning I done have to disconnect every time I charge.

Sounds good.