Unnamed | 245kv | 6s1p 5ah | first build

Just found this for the balance lead is this correct.

Looks good

Prototype motor mount update will be mixing this with a carbon Kevlar mount with the finaly finished in aluminium.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm I have wired this right before I connect to my charger/ balance ports as its not a cheap charger and wouldn’t want to blow it up lol.

So I connected it up after double checking like 5 times and one of the batteries was very low.

But by charging it on a cheaper old charger without a balance port it has got some life back in it.

But do you recon I should still get it swopped invade it’s done some damage as these were brand new and from a shop so would expect better.

The guy is sending a new battery and said to dispose of the old one.

So some more updates on the board and my prototype mount seems to be spot on and holding even though it’s plastic but an aluminium version will get made once this one is tested.

3 Likes

Some more updates. I have now printed an esc enclosure to screw to the base of the board to make it neater and some protection.

Also I seen on here someone making a charging socket out of a 15pin vga plug so I went and brought two blanks and made a start on a charging plug for my 6s lipo.

is that groove in the motor mount for the motor? how is that going to work?

I have made a plate the grove is just to allow more movement.

Gee I want a 3d printer soo bad now

haha does make prototyping easy and also making the wheel pulley so make some bits a little cheaper. but things like cases and housings are perfect to make in plastic. have been looking at carbon fibre as well so maybe once i have finished everything might coat with carbon for a nice factory look like the new evolve board.

nice! I wonder if the plastic is going to be able to handle the torque from your motors

the wheel one should be fine but I’m going to use an aluminium one on the motor side but plenty of people use them on the wheel side.

anyone able to help with anti-spark connectors as I’m now testing esc ad motors and I’m getting a strong spark almost every time i connect battery. I’m using the red deans connectors and have plenty spare if i can make something would be great.

Does anyone recon this could handle being inline with battery and esc to show the a an w being used along with battery state.

My esc is 80a max so not a lot more. 6s battery

There is a 100 a version of this. Could definitely be done, but i think it would not be that useful. you could use something like that to measure it once. The current should not change over time so having it permanently hooked up would have no real advantage

Well, i would not say that. The description says:

• Remaining power of the real capacity
  • Charging and discharging time remaining time

These two functions are very useful!

You can read that easily from a simple volt meter.

I probably wouldn’t use the charging function as just disconnect the battery to charge. But be nice to know what the battery is doing while in use.