Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Invoice ID: ES-232

Been patiently waiting for this remote. Whats going on?

@Jreamer I sent you tracking number today along others, let me know if you didnā€™t receive it.

Ah it was in the spam.

Yep, this happens a lot :smile:

Thanks Wajdi, canā€™t wait to try it out, though iā€™m a bit scared, as my board is very very powerful. Will have to detune for a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

just went onto your website, logged on with my username and PW and then to My Orders. It shows that I donā€™t have any order history yet I did purchase on 14th March @ 20:20:57 GMT Paypal Transaction ID : 5NE830395T766474W

Is there a problem with the account history on your site? Hopefully I shouldnā€™t be too concerned, but could you please PM me with confirmation that you actually received my order. The money has definitely left my Paypal account !!

Cheers Tony

Hi Tony,

Your order was received, I replied to your email with details, let me know if you still have a question.

1 Like

Hi @Wajdi,

The tracking code is still in ā€œPre-Shipmentā€ status (since two days). Iā€™ve called the transporter and they told me they donā€™t have the package yetā€¦ iā€™m pretty confusedā€¦ :confused: When do you plan to send them ?

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Packages were sent today. They have the new Photon v0.4 firmware with the following new features:

• Added auto off option - can choose a timeout in minutes of inactivity before the remote self shutdown.
  • Display brightness control - can be used to increase or decrease the display brightness, useful if you are riding at night and want to save battery.
  • Power save mode - Can be tuned on and programmed to a certain percentage, if its set to 30% for example, once the remote reaches 30% of battery, it will automatically dim the display.
  • Menu interactions are now done using the middle joystick button, Button A now only opens and closes menu.
  • Improved power consumption during sleep.
5 Likes

Confirmed, mine shows up monday, wahoo!

Recieved my remote.

Tried to power it on and am stuck with a blank white screen. what gives? Iā€™ll try updating the firmware tonight

edit: cant find .4 firmware. ugh

Edit edit: Tried .3 ā€¦ FW updatet worked, screen is blank. gonna have to send it back, unless I can fix it? PM sent. :frowning:

I replied to your PM, sorry this is happening to you. I would be happy to take it back and replace it asap.

Thanks wadji for getting back to me quick :+1:

UPDATE: I was able to repair the remote myself. The pin header on the display to the main PCB needed a bit more flux and solder, and came right on. YAY

I also added a bit of double sided tape to the other end of the display to reduce vibration fatigue on the pin header. perhaps a suggestion for future remotes.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same no throttle response issue you had. What did you do to fix it?

Okay, iā€™m stuck again.

Setup: 12S Dual Vesc6 Ackmaniac 3.1 Firmware

Finally found pins for binding after messing with firmware.

Remote is on .4 now (verified in settings) Reciever is connected to bottom pins of VESC6 (top two adc pins left disconnected) baud rate set to 115200, all control modes removed, control mode set to uart and nunchuck set to ā€œCurrentā€

reciever has a solid orange light, nothing else controller shows no data.

i tried swapping the rx/tx pins on the cable, nothing. i tried the slave vesc6 with the same settings, nothing

do i have a bad receiver too? Iā€™ve streamed data to my phone using uart and a bluetooth module, so i know the serial port works when set properly.

Itā€™d be nice to have a reference what the LEDā€™s mean, and an updated pinout on the website for the different receiver revisions.

thanks!

Ackmaniac Fw is unfortunately not supported :slightly_frowning_face: You can use the latest official vesc firmware to get it working.

Ah. Ok. Will try this and report back.

itā€™s not working for me, iā€™m getting no data to the remote, and an solid orange led.

EDIT: Vesc6 works with the .91 firmware from vesc-project.com - I also looked through this thread again, and noticed this is posted earlier in the thread. Perhaps this info could be added to the main website for reference?

Steps for resolution:

Follow all original instructions for connecting the remote.

Swap the RX and TX pins on one side of the JST Connecttor using a tool (or a small knife or screwdriver) to lift the plastic retaining tabs.

Finally :slight_smile:

So, I have another issue. I have an orange light when I plug the remote in, and while it was charged, it would say chargingā€¦ butā€¦ its not charging and now itā€™s dead. what would cause it not to charge? I plugged it in overnight when I first got itā€¦ once I fixed the screen, it only showed 9% charged, I figured it might be a big or somethingā€¦ not sure where to look now :confused: