Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

@Wajdi : Super Painfull guy (me) is back , can i get an update on our batch please ? :smiley:

Hi everone! I’ve got two photons, one with a quick discharging battery. I’m charging both of them until orange led went out (both remotes powered off bytheway). If I power Photon #1 on after a week it says 86%, acceptable. The second one, after the same one week… the battery discharges down to 6%! :astonished:

Anyone some ideas/same problem? @Wajdi ?

Until now i haven’t opened the remotes, because i’m hoping its just some software-related bug. But meanwhile i think its a) a bad battery or b) the circuit of the photon is sucking too much current while on standby, because the remote is always on standby or on (as i understand it) there is now on/off switch to physicaly disconnect the battery. Maybe thats an idea for further versions? If I don’t use the remote over the next wintertime, lets say 3-4 month, should it always be plugged in all the time…?

Thanks and have a nice one

I ordered Photon last December. Will it arrive soon enough?

Hey guys, sorry I was away for a couple days, but I’m back now. I’m in the process of shipping out the packages, keep an eye on confirmation emails.

1 Like

If I ordered a Photon today when could I expect it to be delivered? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the lead time if ordering now?

Hey @Wajdi sorry for the slow reply - heres a photo of the connection. The green light on the receiver is on but the motors dont spin. They work fine with my maytech remote so i feel like im just not connecting the photon remote properly

1 Like

@lennylogs You bought two receivers right? If I remember correctly, I have setup one receiver as master, and the other as slave for your convenience. Please confirm and I will show you how to rebind.

@SuperBen @Minim Lead time right now is less than a week, I just shipped most pre-orders, and still have extra parts.

1 Like

No - just one receiver. Maybe it still needs to be rebinded/rebound?

Ok, I sent you a PM.

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

One week thats not bad at all. I was interested back in December but waited to start my build. Seeing that guy who posted this week who has been waiting since December was throwing me off.

Order placed!

1 Like

Thanks for your order, Lee’s order was placed in March, I don’t why he said December :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha

Awesome man thanks! The Photon wait had me going down the rabbit hole last night, I was thiiiiis close to investing in a 3D printer and everything lol

Very excited to see this bad boy in action, been following this thread for 4-5 months

Do you have updates for orders placed late February? I’m excited to receive mine Order: ES-252 Date: Feb26 - 2018.

Thx!

I sent you tracking number earlier today, let me know if you have received it.

I see some posts here about weird throttle response. Is this only a minority that are on that side? Any user reviews out there?

Very much looking forward to receiving mine :grin: My build starts in earnest this week so hoping to bypass installing the Maytech remote that came with my original parts list. Still I can use it for a back up, or second board :joy::joy:

Wajdi - Did not receive it, i checked my spam folder as well. Dang! Thanks for looking into it.

@lazerusrm I sent you PM. @Minim Throttle works the same as any standard remote, except it has more range, better accuracy, and fast response thanks to it’s 32bit MCU.

I received the tracking number. It is troublesome to check the voltage with the smartphone, but this is also the end. I am looking forward to it!

1 Like