Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Hi @Wajdi,

The tracking code is still in “Pre-Shipment” status. I’ve called the transporter and they told me they don’t have the package yet… i’m pretty confused… :confused:

When do you plan to send them ?

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

@lazerusrm When you unplug the remote from charge, what percentage does it display? @LEE Tracking shows that it was delivered yesterday, can you PM me what tracking you have?

Got it sorted. I left it plugged in, and it fully charged. The problem was the remote battery got low, and i think the mcu browned out, and got stuck, and would not turn on.

I had to desolder the battery from the remote and resolder it. It’s working now and showing 100% battery, so it did charge it all the way.

Just a bad set of circumstances. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So i guess i must be getting super unlucky or something. I got stranded 10 miles up a canyon after i took a break, and the remote auto powered off… Then when i turned it on again, it started to turn on, and then the screen went blank. It wont turn on now, i’m thinking i’m going to have to de-solder the battery again… seems to me like this thing really needs a hard power on-off switch. I’m gonna have to wire one in, that sucked!

@LEE Is it a copy/past of my previous comment ? :wink: @Wajdi : My package is marked as delivered (in the US) but i got nothing and i live in France. Could you tell me if it’s normal ?

It is still in this state…

Mine was like that for a little while. I think Wadji is very busy, give him some time, I’m sure he will take care of you.

@Zigm4 For some reason they returned two of the international packages back to me. This is the first time this happens, I still don’t know whats the reason, but I suspect a USPS error. I will bring them back again to the post office and see what the fuss is all about.

@LEE Can you PM your order number?

@lazerusrm I think I will start using hard switches as well on future models, sleeping mode isn’t really cutting it on this remote.

When will you be able to send it back ? :frowning: And how long should it take to arrive at my place ?

I will drop them off today. I will update you about the estimated delivery date.

Hi @Wajdi, Tell me you sent the package yesterday/the day before as planned. I can’t believe i didn’t reveive it yet…

@Zigm4 I dropped the box at USPS for the second time, they told me they forgot to stamp it that’s why it was returned back to me. This morning it was delivered to me AGAIN. I can’t believe this, I’m going to take it back to USPS for the THIRD time, and see what went wrong. This is frustrating.

Yes it’s really frustrating. I need this remote… If the next shipment is failing again, i’ll cancel this order. I’m waiting for news from you on tuesday please.

Thanks !

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

@wajdi, I’m hoping you can help me. I picked up @deckoz remote, but I can’t seem to get this to bind. I updated the remote to the latest V.4 firmware, with the V.2 receiver connected to my single TB 4.12 VESC via UART, running Ackmaniac 2.54. In the BLDC tool I have UART app selected, baud rate at 115200 and current control selected in Nunchuk tab. I first set the remote to binding/searching, then short the two binding pads on the receiver, power up the board, get the blinking orange light, and no connection; just endless “searching” on the remote and the blinking orange light on the receiver. Even if I power up the VESC and remote in binding mode first, then bind/search on the remote, still no connection. I rebooted the VESC when I changed from PPM to UART, and wrote all my settings to the VESC. Any idea what I might be missing or doing wrong?

@Mobutusan I just added V0.4 for old HW http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59 Let me know if it works for you.

1 Like

Cool, thanks! And just so I’m clear, is the V.2 receiver considered “old” hardware in this case? And is the V.1 receiver useable at all, or is it just vintage DIY paperweight status now?

The only difference between old and new receivers is the Fw they support. Old receivers will support vesc fw2.x while new ones support fw 3.x.

Do the new ones support v2 FW as well or only v3?

1 Like

What is considered “old hw”, how do we identify? I assume the 0.1 screen printing on the back of the remote’s PCB?

1 Like