Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

@fedestanco I will check it out, thanks. @scepterr You are right, I will adjust the footprint to add pads on those rear pins.

1 Like

@Wajdi I finally got the remote last week. So today I go and try to use turn on the remote but itā€™s stay frozen it does not change menu or anything. I try powering of the Remote but itā€™s does not turn off as well

You can either unplug the battery and plug it back in again, Or download the flash updater from here http://eboardshop.net/product/photon-updater/ and V0.3 firmware from here http://forum.eboardshop.net/t/firmware-update-download/59 And re-flash it.

Quick support fix using throughhole resistor leg PCB should still be updated with pad there but this is something existing users could do.

Just need to solder the support pin to the legs and itā€™s secured

Oh and that middle support pin can easily be soldered to the pads right next to it

8 Likes

Is there an ETA on orders? iā€™ve placed one late feb just curious. thx

you are not the only oneā€¦ ETA should be 10 to 15 days as indicated on the website, but @Wajdi donā€™t communicate a lotā€¦ Mine was ordered on february 18th and still no remote :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry mate, I waited like overall 5month for this and in the end itā€™s worth itā€¦ Itā€™s not like you canā€™t ride meanwhile, GT2B are cheap.

@lazerusrm @Zigm4 Sorry guys for the delays, all pending pre-orders will be fulfilled starting on Monday.

3 Likes

yes I am riding anyway! have an alien remote that works great

1 Like

Guys i have a little problem The remote is working fine i just canā€™t get a throttle response, motor donā€™t spin and no response in the BLDC tool a But i have all the data on the remote fine

1 Like

Letā€™s see the motor config tab

I typed faults in terminal and nothing I hooked up my gt2B as well on both vesc to try and I donā€™t have pulsewidth or throttle impulse either

1 Like

How about the next tab down on the left? I donā€™t see anything in the other tabs.

Also I did pick up that your cutoff voltages are mixed around. You will want to change them.

@Wajdi I have been riding for 3 consecutive hours and i have a few questions : ā€¢ I have noticed the battery board percentage is not accurate at all, for example when i was at 66 % the remote was showing 7 % ā€¢ the UI is a pain because A button is used for OK and itā€™s completely not convenient. As we said in PMā€™s replace the Ok function with the click of the joystick. It will be way quicker like that IMO. ā€¢ i had a problem in the end of the ride, i couldnā€™t go more than 30 km/h, i checked the menu and the throttle percentage was at 100 % ( i was not overheating ) . Super Weird behavior, went hope checked 2 hours later and I had all the torque back.

1 Like

Canā€™t Wait!

please check your ERPM Limits before frying your VESC

Also, anyone in EU up for a group buy? maybe germany?

Hi, Iā€™m interested in a group buy depending on the Endprice including toll, tax and shipping.

Greets from Austria

Notger

1 Like

i think we can calculate about 200ā‚¬ for this fucking toll, vat and shipping costsā€¦

Iā€™m offering 10% off for bulk orders of 10+ units, shipping is also flat rate, group orders can save on shipping as well because its one package only. 25$ for international orders. Group order of 10 units would save you 15.9$ + 22.5$ = 38.4$ off per remote. Assuming shipping cost will be divided equally.

1 Like