Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Is it possible to order (for a extra fee) one of your remotes that is totally set up and pretty much plug and play. Like we could tell you what ESC were going to be using and the details of motor and battery so it could a be properly setup, since I’ve heard it can be very difficult to not only pair the remote for basic function, but to get all the other benefits, ie telemetry, light switch, etc…?

wait, they are not plug and play?

Ugh… Well don’t quote me, but I believe there is some work to be done to set them up for everything to work properly. At least I think there used to be, it might have changed?

Hi @Wajdi

Do you have an estimate delivery date for a group command (i might have some friends interested) ? :slight_smile:
And an estimated delivery date for February commands ?

Thanks

Oh I want to get in on that group buy! When are you guys planning on ordering…?

@uigiroux They are already plug and play, all new orders are compatible out of box with latest VESC firmware. The issues you were seeing are older receiver versions that are incompatible with new firmwares. Also every remote is paired with its receiver before being sent out.

2 Likes

Oh ok perfect, glad that got sorted out! :smile:

@Zigm4 I’m trying to get all pre orders shipped out by the end of this week. They will have a new firmware v0.4 installed on them, that has new menu option to setup cell count, giving more accurate board percentage reading, and fixing several issues related to random boot up problems.

Is the new firmware compatible with all VESC firmwares? Is there a version to version compatibility chart if not? I’ve got 1 of the remotes, waiting on the second, I assume that will ship out with this batch…great remote and great work @Wajdi.

@mmaner Yes your remote will be shipped out with this batch. New receivers are compatible with any VESC FW.

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it. Im sticking with @Ackmaniac 2.54 on all of my Vesc4’s, so just wanted to be sure.

1 Like

Hey there @Wajdi, is my remote in that order?

I think all ours will be in that batch, isn’t it @Wajdi ? My address will change end of april, i guess i will got mine before :wink:

@Wajdi There’s one thing that is killing the remote for me, the throttle. I’ve been using the remote daily for a week now and I just can’t feel safe with it. ( no disconnections whatsoever ) For example when I am 20 km/h I have to push the joystick up and it will not accelerate before The joystick reaches a certain height. The faster you go the furthest you need to accelerate again. IT’S THE MOST DANGEROUS THING EVER EVER EVER ! I almost crashed 3 times in a week ONLY because of that because there’s a delay when you start to push the joystick and the height it will be effective. PLEASE @Wajdi fix that or explain me a way if I can change that in the settings because I am not confident at all riding because of that + the deadband is as well too large for me, not responsive enough. The slightest push should result in acceleration whatever the speed. I mean on the GT2B for instance even if i’m 60 km/h even the slightest pull on the trigger will make me accelerate when with the photon i would have to push the joystick to at least 90 % throttle to get more acceleration. IMHO it’s the nicest feature if you wan’t peoples do die riding with the remote, i remeber evolve had the same system. Haven’t you heard everyone hates evolve remotes ? Meanwhile i keep using the old 25 € GT2B.

do you use acks fw on both?

I don’t use acks I’m on 3.55 FW

I thought that it maybe was because of the Watt Control feature… Lets hope you can solve it!

I don’t actually know if throttle curve will change anything I will try tho Other Photon owners have you noticed the same throttle response ? ( at X speed you need to go further X with the joystick before accelerating again, all the way before X will have no effect on throttle )

Thats a normal behavior, and I don’t see anything wrong with, if not safer. If even the slightest push to the throttle when at high speeds would increase the speed further, then thats what I see as dangerous. Photon will you a buffer play on the joystick depending on how fast you are going to avoid accidental pushes that will lead to crashes.

I don’t really see why the acceleration joystick should be more sensitive at hight speeds because thats not safe at all. When going fast you need more stable control over the acceleration, not a jerky one small touch and you fly.

I’m sorry but your suggestion doesn’t make sense to me. You can always adjust the throttle response on the BLDC tool, it should give you the results you are looking for, but that’s just not safe in my opinion.

1 Like

You mean when you are doing 80% speed then the first 80% of the trigger will be ignored?