Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Have you checked out the forum.eboardshop.net

I know there’s a visual run through of them in one of his YouTube videos…

Yes, as @Deckoz mentioned, the right button is dedicated for lightning, you cycle through the different effects by clicking it once. A long press will turn it off. Light effects are saved on power off. The new receivers will have two ports for LEDs, one for front lights, and one for back lights. Each one needs a separate 10 LED strip if you want front and back lightning. As for now, the number of LEDs used for signals and brake effect is set to 10, it is not adjustable for the moment. I’m also working on a video tutorial and finishing the software updater.

3 Likes

I know this cane up earlier in the thread, but does anyone have a link to the simplest best all-in-one LED strip for dummies for this, just want for a base level proof of concept lol.

2 Likes

Any WS2812B RGB LED would do. I recommend WS2812B based one, with density of 60LEDs/ 1M. Here is an example https://www.ebay.com/itm/WS2812B-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-30-60-144-LEDs-M-ws2812-IC-Individual-Addressable-5V/262452005540?hash=item3d1b5bcaa4:m:mkMwXOyKYoE3TxVrA-ee05w

1 Like

Wadji - Do you have a wiring diagram of new receiver?

Im working on it, I will post it today or tomorrow hopefully.

Recieved the remote this morning ! I noticed there was no cables to connect to the VESC in the BOX. Dunno where to find one. 129 $ for an amazing remote but no cable to use it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sure @Wajdi did it by accident

If your in a hurry to use it I can’t remember if it’s 2.0mm or 2.54mm

2.0mm 6pin https://www.ebay.com/i/262895398646

2.54mm 6pin https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-SETS-JST-XH-2-54MM-6-Pin-Female-Double-Connector-with-Flat-Cable-200MM-USA/262894297299?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3De86bc99f8a874d37b922da546ffb69c7%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D262895398646&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

1 Like

I’m not in a hurry it’s raining non stop since 1 month in Paris so I do a lot of work on all my boards but can’t ride em :stuck_out_tongue: It’s USA link so long shipping, will try to find a EU seller or if @Wajdi can send me a little cable il a letter it could be great

1 Like

Oups, Im sorry man, I don’t know how did that happen.:sweat: I always double check, but I guess I somehow missed it. I will send you one soon.

3 Likes

I don’t know if i’m missing something but i can’t turn on the remote. When i recieved it it wouldn’t turn on ( battery was dead I suppose ) and i’ve put it on charge the whole afternoon. After the charge the remote turned on once, i haven’t touched anything just went to see the menu etc… and since then it won’t turn on. I press button A as stated in the guide on the photon forum but nothing happen. I will put on charge the remote again see what happend… when i plug in the remote to the computer i can see « photon remote plugged in » but i still can’t turn it on

1 Like

@ElskerShadow

rrr hey… so take the two screws out…and the screws off the pcb… and unplug the lipo…and replug it in…

I bet the battery went dead and soft switch got stuck on and the chip(MCU) got stuck in retard mode(it happens called brown outs).

make sure you turn it off :slight_smile:

its happened to me…i accidentally left mine on… was really confused.

@Wajdi

1 Like

Hi, As @Deckoz said this usually happens when the battery is discharged, MCU gets stuck in sleep mode sometimes, to solve this just unplug the battery and plug it back again. I’m releasing a software update that should prevent this from happening.

1 Like

Yeah i did the plug unplug and it worked. I was sure it was nothing bad since it was booting the remote. I only had a little chance to test it but it was indoor because everything is wet. And let me tell you that you developped one hell of a remote… my only complain for now is that the buttons are hard to press Even without gloves ( i have big hands )

1 Like

How do I get the receiver in binding mode. Got everything set up except for that. I’m so confused

Got the new receiver an Lookiee it came with a whip

Wish I had the updated firmware :frowning: @Wajdi

Use tweezers. Short this connection before you power it on.

2 Likes

Very happy :smile: to see this has a replaceable antenna, and shielded transceiver. Should provide a very reliable connection. Also the antenna can be placed outside of a metal or carbon enclosure. :money_mouth_face:

@Wajdi , just out of curiosity. what chipset is the transceiver?

2 Likes

@Wajdi told me by MP that apparently that the « bind » pins are not the good ones, it’s the soldered ones

2 Likes

@lrdesigns Thanks! It is indeed very reliable, its an nrf24 still. @Mattmccrary8 @Deckoz The new binding port is the long pad with an opening underneath the enclosure. The software update is 99% done!

2 Likes

Ah…hmm I’ve been deceived by the silk screen “bind”

I assume I cannot run the new receiver without the update?

1 Like