Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Yes sorry about that, the port was later changed in software :laughing:

I don’t think it will bind without an update because the packets have been changed, the new receiver and new software now supports up to 4 receivers, with one master and 3 slaves, I also fixed the total distance counter, and tweaked other things.

It should be really just a couple hours before I release it.

1 Like

Ok so when will I be able to get this bad boy hooked up

Now… Do the same thing I said but short the two solder pads on the bottom with tweezers instead of the ones I pointed out

2 Likes

How do I short them, that’s my question. Can I do it with a small screw driver

Mine doesn’t have any openings on the bottom like yours

Tweezers :slight_smile:

Pop the top off and hit the two solder pads in the picture @ElskerShadow circled then :slight_smile:

Just did it. Ok so my last problem is getting my dual motors to work. Is there another setting I need to change so the dual works?

Canbus

Set master to ID 0 with multiple esc over can checked

Set slave to iD of 1 with send status over can checked

Did all of that and still nothing with the slave motor. I’m so confused

You have control mode enabled on the slave? (Current no reverse w/ brakes)

Yes I do. Should I not?

Can you connect usb to one and can fwd to the other?

Ie plug usb into master and type 1 and check can fwd? And get a successful connection?

Ok I got it all figured out. I didn’t add multiple esc on the nunchuck tab. Got everything working.

Only downfall is, whenever give it throttle it cuts off after 5 seconds. Hopefully the update fixes this today. Had no brakes at 20mph was bad

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out. About the cutout, this shouldn’t be happening, what value do you have on “SIG”, under control settings?

Damn I think I’ve run out of reasons not to order one :yum:

2 Likes

Hi Guys - Having a bit of trouble getting photon to connect to vesc - any clues

Photon remote binds OK with receiver - remote light flashes green showing connection steady green light in receiver VESC is focbox with 3.34 FW Have set App to UART with 115200 baud rate Photon remote does not show any vesc data and shows 255.2 in FW rectangle at top of remote

Photon receiver is V0.1

Thanks

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the cut outs. My remote won’t stay connected longer than 5 seconds at a time. I’ve wasted 5 hours on this thing

You need the new receiver, talk to @Wajdi

@Mattmccrary8 Seems like an odd issue, can you check if there is any fault on the VESC? @mmaner He already has the new receiver, which has an outstanding range, I suspect there is something else causing him problems.

1 Like