Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

This and the update!!! :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not waterproof.

it may not even be rain proof.

I corrosionX my internals except the LCD, I Conformal coated.

So mines rain proof now. But definitely not water proof

Whatā€™s the ETA on the replacement receivers? Im dieing to use this remote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I shipped several orders today, and will be shipping some more tomorrow. Receiver replacement as well as the updater will be done by Friday if not earlier.

4 Likes

Awesome. Iā€™m happy tonoay for shipping at least, om me your PayPal address and the cost. Thanks brother.

You are welcome. Shipping is free to the US for the replacements.:+1:

1 Like

Recieved my tracking number today ! So the remote you send was with old module ?

No, everyone is getting the latest version, yours included.

1 Like

Just wanted to mention that i tried all of the suggestions i got for getting the old receiver to play nice until the new ones came. I was still getting interference and drop out like behavior.

However, this time i was running FOC. In BLDC mode i would get dropouts or whatever on occasion, but nothing serious. In FOC mode, something else is happening i think because not only did i get that interference, i also got some kind of weird signal spike and then a mostly-dead VESC-X that can no longer detect sensors in a known good motor.

it may be nothing but an old abused ESC finally kicking it but its also possible that it choked on something the receiver sent it then puked and died on its way to deliver the current pulses.

1 Like

I only run sensored FOC and Iā€™ve been. Fine on my focboxes

I had a sensor die on one of my motors before the photonā€¦ I tested other motors on the same focbox then replaced the sensorā€¦ as the sensor board went bad(specifically one hall sensor so two of three and the temp weā€™re reading)

Specifically Iā€™ve been running ack 2.54 or 3.100 if that matters to you.

1 Like

Receiver works just like any other remote, it only sends commands to Vesc to control the motor, and they are the same for BLDC as well as FOC. If you have problems with FOC mode itā€™s definitelty Vesc related.

1 Like

@Wajdi when should we be getting the firmware update and the updated receiver?

And when will the case files be availableā€¦Iā€™ve been waiting as Iā€™d like to Mill the case out of POM or aluminum.

1 Like

My remote just passed thru customs wether i get it this week end or monday. Iā€™m so Excited itā€™s a shame my battery is not working anymore still have to resole this issue first before using it

1 Like

Wadji How do you activate variuos reactive effects for leds.I cant see it on lights menu .

Also -will the firmware update contain settable pixel no for left indicator, brake and right indicator leds?

Cheers

Use the right bottom button besides power.click it

nothing on right button under menu/lights?

No just click it while your out of the menuā€¦ ridingā€¦ It cycles light modes

Thanks for that Is there a list of the light modes anywhere? Cheers