Universal Advanced VESC Remote Control (Photon) - Custom design

Just out of curiosity if I were to order today what would be the estimated lead time?

1 Like

As of right now, it would be around 2 weeks. Current pending pre-orders will be shipped out right after new yearā€™s day.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your opinion about the piezo buzzer? Iā€™m working on the new batch and I donā€™t know if its worth keeping. Due to its size, its really hard to hear it on noisy environments.

1 Like

are you going to put antenna on both receiver and transmitter. That should make it bullet proof.

1 Like

@wajdi Keep the peizo. Itā€™s the only way I can tell I held the power button long enough to turn it off hahaā€¦

2 Likes

Hey-

I havenā€™t finished my board (probably at least few weeks out after realistically accounting for other stuff that is on my radar), but is the receiver that I was sent with my order going to kill me? That would be disappointing :sweat:ā€¦

@nw-esk8 I hope not :smile: If you experience dropouts send me a message and I will send you the new version.

@mishrasubhransu Yes, both remote and receiver will have antennas. Iā€™m having an astonishing range with the new receiver modules.

@Deckoz Ok its here to stay then :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on pro-actively sending replacements to those with a decent likelihood of having a faulty module?

ā€¦or do you think the defect rate is low enough not to be concerned?

I know the remote is an ongoing work in progress in areas, but to be honest, Iā€™m not feeling super happy about hearing that these were sent out with (potentially) defective receivers before being able to have even hooked mine upā€¦ and correct me if Iā€™m wrong (Iā€™ve only skimmed recent posts so I could be off here), but it sounds like this may have been more or less a known issue before they were shipped. If thatā€™s the case, considering reliable transmission is kind of the minimum requirement for any remote, Iā€™m not sure I agree with the onus being on the consumer here, but Iā€™m interested in your thoughts (and/or any other details I may have missed).

There are faulty nrf modules mixed in the batch I ordered, and even tho they performed well on my bench tests, they are just bad units. I didnā€™t notice the issue until I already sent out a handful of orders, but luckily the problem was caught before a larger amount was shipped. Thatā€™s why I halted the project and ordered the new modules. I was very disappointed and frustrated, but sometimes bad things happens, and we just need to make it better.

If you experience problems, just hit me up and I will send you the new replacement. This project is still under heavy development and is by no means complete.

2 Likes

This looks awesome! Once they are tested Iā€™ll be buying one!

I have been working on assembling pending orders, and at the same time fixing all the reported bugs. I did a major software improvements:

• Optimized speed, now around 310% faster
  • Faster refresh rate on the display
  • Faster speedometer update rate
  • Faster stats reading.
  • Improved UI with bigger numbers, clearer and cleaner
  • Improved menu fonts
  • Added hundreds support to ratio setting
  • Fixed padding issue for larger wheel size
  • Fixed total distance calculation
  • Fixed cell count calculation
  • Added signal power control setting

Here is a quick comparison video, notice how boot-up and accessing menus is now faster.

15 Likes

So

Where do I download :slight_smile:

Download coming soon, Iā€™m still doing final touches on the updater tool.

2 Likes

On my list of 15th payday purchasesā€‹:+1::+1::+1:

So sick! Canā€™t wait for this bad boy :metal:t3::metal:t3::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

Youā€™re using the u8g2 library right? What font do you use for the main figures (ie the ā€œ32ā€ in the picture). I struggle with finding fonts I like.

ā€¦ if you donā€™t mind me asking.

Font name is akashi. I also do spend a lot of time fiddling with fonts, probably way more than necessary :slight_smile: It needs to satisfy my aesthetic standards :grin:

4 Likes

Ahhhā€¦ you created your own from a TTF file? I have yet to do that (Iā€™m lazy).

(http://tenbytwenty.com/?xxxx_posts=akashi)

Hi

how water proof is the remote

I have an application calling for a waterproof remote.

thanks Nick

when can we expect replacement receivers? I have an older one, and the range is buggy even with the adjustments that were suggested.

2 Likes