Turnigy D5035-125KV Sensored Brushless Motor

did u ever do a top speed test

Yeah the motor runs very smooth and a lot of torque! First I had a 15T motorpulley -> 30kmh Now I have a 20T motorpulley and I can go around 40kmh (fast enough for me)

2 Likes

30KMH? are you running with 10S and the VESC by turnigy? i am running 6S (3s 5000mah( (iĀ“ve already bought 2 5s 6000mah ) like is recommend in HK site) with 6s i just got 16KMH which is ok for beginners, but the torque is freaking amazinā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve a 10S battery and using the single motor esc from ebay. Yeah the torque is awesome really good motor.

1 Like

Love this motor, robust for me so farā€¦

4 Likes

What was your top speed ā€¦

19 miles per hour

1 Like

Is this part of the famous Turnigy kit everybody was talking about not so long ago?

@bartroosen12

1 Like

Yes, thereā€™s also a full kit. I only bought the motor and motormount

1 Like

Put about 15 miles on the motor so far. Very torquey, and much easier install process since there is already a detente drilled into the shaft (although I took the motor pulley off just now and that detente is starting to deformā€¦)

Top speed is definitely nothing to write home about, but I ordered some 97mm flywheels that should let me get a few extra miles per hour out of the set up.

One concern: I donā€™t think the motor was doing this originally, but it looks like I can now pull the orange ā€˜canā€™ part of the motor out of the metallic silver front housing disc by about 2 mm. It kind of pops in and out with a bit of force. It will randomly do this to itself when on the motor mount. Does anyone elseā€™s exhibit this? This movement is in the same axis as the motor shaft.

@craj1031tx the shaft is moving with the motor when you do that? Check the circlip where the shaft sticks out.

Yes, the shaft appears to move with the rear portion when i do that. is that good or bad :sweat_smile: ??

Yeah check the circlip. I donā€™t know how it effects the performance

1 Like

I donā€™t think it matters if it is the circlip, mine broke on one of my motors and it still runs fine

1 Like

I got the same with my motor! In the package of the motor, thereā€™s like a copper cylinder piece which you can put on the motorshaft, I used that and now the motor can wonā€™t move. IMG_20180122_101443 If Iā€™m home I will try to make pictures of it. You need to push on the backside of the motor so it slides into the motorhousing. Then put on the copper ring and your motorpulley. Now also push your pulley against thr copper ring so it wonā€™t be able to slide

1 Like

It can run fine but if thereā€™s horizontal movement of the shaft itā€™ll stress the bearings more and that canā€™t be good

1 Like

I donā€™t think it will affect the bearings. It doesnā€™t take any stress, just stops the bell from pulling out of the stator. Well thatā€™s all it does on mine

1 Like

Question for people with this motor: it appears my vesc is no longer picking up the hall sensors from this motor. I was riding along normally and then, when trying to accelerate from a dead stop, the motor just would not respond to any throttle commands. at first i thought that maybe i had fried my vesc, but when I got home and started to run some diagnostics, it turns out that i was about to get it to run in sensorless mode (it was originally in hybrid). motor tuning in BLDC came up with a hall sensor detection failed result, but everything else looks normal.

there are no noticeable cuts in the sensor wire. anyone ever run into anything like this? any ideas as to what might have happened? i tried opening the motor up but wasnā€™t able to.

1 Like

Hall sensors may be dead. If you want to know try to power your Hall sensor wires with 3.3V on VCC and GND and measure the voltage on the 3 sense wires while spinning the can manually, if the voltage goes up and down on each one theyā€™re fine, if one of them is stuck in high or low that one is toast.

1 Like

Planning on doing this tonight. Although I thought they run at 5v? I guess it shouldnā€™t matter anyhow as long as I donā€™t blow them with an excessive voltageā€¦

Anyway, I am really hoping it is just the wire leads going into the motor. I have no idea why a hall sensor itself would fail. They are essentially solid state components, right? What could cause one to fail? It was 65F outside that day and I wasnā€™t even doing any extreme riding or hill climbing, so I donā€™t think heat would have been an issueā€¦ Really frustrating that they just died like that out of no where.

Anyway, Iā€™ll post back with the results of powered test later tonight.