Turnigy D5035-125KV Sensored Brushless Motor

I got one of these two weeks ago, the top end is a little lower than I’m used to, but the torque is freaking amazing. I live in North Georgia, and it’s not San Francisco hills, but we have some good sized hills and this thing powers right up every one of them. I weigh 190lbs, and it never struggles.

I really like it.

2 Likes

is it actually 35mm in length though?

It’s about 2.75 inches * 22.4 mm, so roughly 60mm across

1 Like
SKU:
9192000357-0
Brand:
Turnigy
Weight(g)
Length
Width:
Height:
Kv(rpm/v)
Max Currents (A)
Power (W):
Length B (mm):
Can Length D(mm)
Max Voltage(V)
Shaft A(mm):
Unit Weight (g):
Diameter C(mm)
Total Length E(mm)
Resistance (mh):

I would love to see you ride a 6374 for the first time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

too slow for my taste

I have one. I have a couple of motors. This is my first sensored motor though.

I find most motors to be very punchy, like a dirt bike. This one has a smooth power band. The acceleration is very consistent even on a steep incline.

It is a bit slow on the top end, absolutely.

The orange color is very ugly, however, the motor appears very well made.
It feels solid.

It’s new and It’s only $90, I wanted to try it.

probably sick in dual config

What batterys are u using and what do u think your top speed was

I have an 11s2p of purple samsungs on it right now, with a vesc

I’d hate to guess on the speed if you can recommend an app for my phone, I will test it and let you know.

Sports tracker its free…you know i think 24 to 26 mph is alright.

1 Like

I like the ribs on the can. I think it would assist keeping temps low. Does it have built in cooling?

1 Like

I really don’t know to be honest. I come from a skateboarding background, motors and speed controllers are all new to me. How would I tell if it had cooling?

1 Like

I will to test in the morning, weather permitting.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten up to a dual vesc config yet, I just recently got one working reasonably well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s kinda rare to see a large hobbyking motor with a number designating the actual stator dimensions, not some made-up exaggeration. It’s refreshing.

2 Likes

There would be “fan” shaped ribs on the end of the can. Though every motor cools itself to some degree through rotation.

Hey that first uni-drive looks spectacular. Honestly, dual drive is just a battery killer. Id stick to one big motor as long as acceleration isnt an issue. When you want to race cars at stop signs, you need DD.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

for whatever reason they used stator size instead of can size, like the tacon bigfoot 160. from the site, so this is really a 6355/6364 size motor in sk3 sizing.

Can Diameter C (mm) 62.50 Can Length D(mm) 54.80