TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

I got all you guys noted down. I’ll reach out to you guys once I get the new mounts in.

3 Likes

Just thought I would chime in to say I too am having difficulty with a mount continuously coming loose. If there is a new motor mount being designed I would definitely step in line to order one!

1 Like

I’m giving my opinion on a forum and it gets flagged. Great spirit in here :slight_smile:

Yup still can’t keep them clanped down

I’ll try and get them as soon as I can for you guys. Sorry for the delay.

3 Likes

Oh I got the loctite to work finally… and it’s never coming off… stupid shit had me so irritated I skipped red and went straight to green

Update-

I used @Deckoz method for my Reverse TB mounts I received and My mounts are much better. I don’t have to check them like I did before because I didn’t mount them with enough torque and blue Loctite. After riding for weeks and super fast on shitty SF Bay Area streets, one of my mounts did loosen. Not a big deal, just redid what I was told.

On a side note, I really like reverse mounts. I can clear reflectors, which was a big problem because I would break magnets in my motors. I’m happy with the TB reverse mounts!

1 Like

Nice man. Don’t be afraid to lather those bolts up with blue or use a bit of red. :). If it stuck for weeks it’s just a lack of enough loctite :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you going to use a torque wrench, use a small one, it’s easy to strip threads and mangle the heads of the screws.

A quality tool will fit nicer in the hex in my experience. If you can see some unused thread where the grub goes deeper then this is an opportunity to get longer grubs in there which giving more staying power.

Clean threads with a tap and clean with brake cleaner or whatever solvent you have, dry properly, loctite with right amount of time to cure

We simply need to find a link to a website selling m8 set screws made out of high carbide steel :joy:

EDIT: Sorry I was thinking of screws that go into the motor, I meant to say M8 Knurled tip Set Screw

1 Like

Group buy :thinking::joy:

I mean at-least we’d be able to torque the shit out of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I honestly found that so far, fingers crossed, using blue loctite and then proceeding to torque the shit out of them was the key. I’ve intentionally ridden in some pretty messed up places and it’s holding fine. Gone on a 10+ mile ride and have done about 30 miles in the last week or so with them holding up fine. Blue loctite or a dab of red at the tip and blue at the rest will do the mounts major good.

Looking forward to the new 2pc mounts. I locktited mine but still try to check the set screws each time I take it out. Half of the time one of them has loosened a bit.

Yeah i check em every now and then as a regular maintenance thing. It’s something that you should be doing anyways. Doesn’t have to be every ride but if you go on a very hard ride then yeah definitely check

Gorilla Glue epoxy resin the ring piece on to the truck hanger. I don’t even tighten the set screws. My girlfriend threw my board out the second story window onto the cement driveway and the motor mount did not move. The wooden deck did not do so well though, I have since switched to aluminum decks :slight_smile:IMG_20180414_210812

2 Likes

wait… but why… :frowning:

poor board

Throw her make up bag out the window and tell her “she’s too pretty without it.”. She’ll be just as pissed, but hey it might work out. She could stop wearing it, and say thanks and things pass and she never touches your skateboard again. @leroy

The flaw in all motor mount designs is that they all clamp from the trucks and cantilever out. The weight of the heavy motor on the outer end produces torsional forces on the motor that become greater as you come closer to the truck. This could be alleviated with another mount securing it at the motor end and a cross bar (if its dual).

You need a leave a decoy ‘throw deck’ near the window if she’s hot

5 Likes