TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

True and the worst part is you will barely use any of it. Maybe they make a smaller version. It’s worth it though.

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Hey look what I found…I said the same thing before

Lol what a coincidence

3 Likes

I actually helped someone recently and they managed to strip an M6 Socket Cap.

Make sure your using the correct tool.

3 Likes

Lol 3 countries can’t all be wrong. US, Liberia, Myanmar. see, it’s catching.

I stripped the one of the 4 screws holding the mount to the clamp while trying to remove it today. Forgot to heat up the loctite and forced the wrench.

But hey at least now I know it’s never going to come off, while riding or not.

So I loosed the set screws to move the mount, then I will tighten them with the wrench, do I need to apply a new layer of loctite?

no 10chars

1 Like

Not necessarily but it can’t hurt to reapply loctite

Any chance you can put me on the list? I came to this forum to look for a solution for the same problem. I tried the Deckoz solution using an allan socket and wrench, but my TB mount is still coming loose. Really frustrating!

Added you. We’ll have a 2pc mount.

Oh man, thank you so much. I’m so relieved. When will the 2pc be ready for testing? Will the motor bracket still be a separate piece or built into the truck clamp?

Yeah, motor mount will be separate. New one should be a lot easier to assemble.

I tried dekoz method and it did hold up for 3 charge cycles, but i noticed when i got home today that it was wiggeling again… :confused:

1 Like

I tried Dekoz’s method and mount’s still sturdy after 20km bumpy test rides on sidewalks. Maybe try the method again but use more loctite. The loctite should be on at least the first 3-5 threads of the screws.

Loktite should also cure for 24 hours, or your just lootiting it into a loosed position.

1 Like

How do your mounts stay on with just bolts!? I got a mate to bloody weld my shitty mount on and it still came loose on the second ride lol

Okey… so I bought the TB motor mounts. I have wasted so many hours trying to make it work but they still come lose. I read every comment and tip. Very dissapointed with the TB mounts.

@torqueboards id be down for a new set of clamps if they are being redesigned, mine keep coming loose no matter what i do, its the main reason i didnt use your mounts on my DIY. Ive never had an enertion mount moves on my trucks so i reused them from my Old Raptor. Ive been using the TB mounts on my Raptor and they never last more than a ride no matter how tight i put it.

1 Like

@pat.speed my motor mounts are loctited in.

I mean my motor bolts, the 4 that hold the motor can on, are held on with torque only.

Edit: I’m getting threads mixed up