TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

This is what happened to my trucks as well, but after experiencing the same issue with the mount loosening I simply tightened down the mount literally as tight as I could havent had any loosening issues since AND I lost a screw :slight_smile:

Hey, can you add me too? I canā€™t get the mount to stay on my 63mm motor

I also have a Torque boards motor mount, I used Gorilla Glue epoxy resin to attach the ring clamp directly to the truck., it has not moved since. Donā€™t just epoxy the screws, epoxy the clamp to the truck, and let it sit over night.

Gorilla Glue epoxy resin costs abut $7.

I am afraid I have painted her in a bad light she wasnā€™t trying to hurt the board, she was trying to hit me with it. She felt badly for breaking the deck, and not even hitting me with it, she bought me the aluminum board. it is a lot lighter, easier for her to throw. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not to offend or anything, but Iā€™m not sure trying to hit you with the board is much better than throwing it out the windowā€¦ Everything ok?

2 Likes

What would be a stronger material to avoid striping screws? Stainless Steel, or regular Steel? I know Aluminum is weaker than Steel, but If I want to really torque down a screw, what material would be the strongest?

Steel, stainless is weaker.

Hey torqueboards, how long do we have to wait for a solution? I havenā€™t been able to ride for weeks because of the mounts :frowning:

1 Like

If you want to really get it solid, use a hex bolt instead of a grub screw. My board got ran over by a car and destroyed everything, including the motor. But that mount was still solid :joy:

1 Like

dimensions and links? my loctited grub screws are fie but iā€™m curious

www.homedepot.com/p/6-mm-1-0-x-16-mm-Zinc-Plated-Metric-Hex-Bolt-2-Pieces-801448/204273661

M6-1.0x12mm (canā€™t remember how long it is, but itā€™s somewhere in there)

Only used one, in one of the holes that the head wouldnā€™t interfere with the mounting plate. Torqued it down with a ratchet, and used blue loctited. Used blue loctite on the rest of the grub screws, and otherwise installed like @Deckoz in his videos. Worked perfectly.

1 Like

For those who have an M8 Set Screw. You would want to use an M8 Bolt.

Have some stuff in production at the moment. Iā€™d anticipate at least 15-20 more days maybe a bit longer.

But itā€™s in the works.

3 Likes

So just use 2 regular M8 Bolts, like Bolts wirh a head? I just ordered two of these mounts but I think you still ship it with the M8 set screw, right?

Have you tried the solutions mentioned in this thread? Did you use activator with the loctite? My mounts are mounted to the TB trucks and I couldnā€™t get them to come loose if I beat them with a hammer. Thatā€™s a bummer youā€™ve been out of a board for weeks.

@mrplaygood - yeah, you can use an M8 bolt for the most recent ones.

@kiryl - as esk8taylor mentionedā€¦ try the methods on hereā€¦ itā€™s a very slim percentage on the amount of people who have issues but weā€™ll be changing it out to make it even easier though.

@torqueboards I have tried the methods above. But the ā€œlongā€ motor mount part keeps coming lose from the truck clamp. Both my motors went from black to silver :smile:

Are you using the locknuts? If not then you need to be. There is no way they should be coming loose if you torque it down with lockouts.

1 Like

@ROFEN13 I am using the locknuts. But after applying locktite on every screw and tighting everything It still came loose.

lol

10 char

1 Like

@Jedi lol 10 char

2 Likes