TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

@skatardude10 nice tensioner :slight_smile: + great tutorial.

@bplatoff loctite by itself wonā€™t do anything if the boltā€™s arenā€™t tightened down and secure.

Weā€™ll be reaching out soon to everyone that hasnā€™t been able to install the clamps properly.

2 Likes

meh I just used red Loctite.

I tried but mine came loose, now I canā€™t retighten them or loosen them because of the loctite so Iā€™m going to drill out the set screws and just use the new torque boards mount once itā€™s ready

Dont drill it out. Use heat to soften the locktite, then remove them. Drilling them out is a little extreme, and if that is your first option with removing the set screwsā€¦ you will probably have issues with the new mounts too.

It is not my first option I used a heat gun and a large ratchet no luck I actually turned it so hard I snapped the bit instead of getting it loose, this was while using the heat gun as well. I didnā€™t have a torch so this was my last option

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions very clearly but I think at this point Iā€™ve spent so much time tightening them that the screws are a bit worn out as well as the mount. Iā€™ve also tried blue & red loctite with teh same resutls.

Im having the same problem tried using loctite but it still came loose and now Iā€™m trying to do the other suggestions people on here have said but Itā€™s hard when you can barely screw the screws out ,loctite said to use a torch to heat it up to where you can unscrew but its not working what should i do

Put it in the freezer for 24 hours and try again

Ok Iā€™ll try that

i couldnt get the stator off the core for my motor and so i figured i would try freezing it since metal shrinks when its cold and sure enough it came off

Ohhhh I see thatā€™s cool

It was very cool, had to put on a glove lol

1 Like

I just used my torch to take the bolts out

I finally got around to installing these as a replacement for the v4 c-clamps that I had been using for everā€¦ following instructions from @Deckoz and @skatardude10 , Ive achieved the best motor alignment yet! Using two 48 in. straight edges for angular skew measurement, Iā€™m off by 1/4" at 48", which is pretty freaking square!! A few things Iā€™ve done differently: for the grub screws, Iā€™m using m8x20mm high carbon steel (instead of stainless) and Iā€™m using a large crescent wrench to counter the torque while tightening them down. The longer grubs should drastically increase the clamping force and prevent stripping the threads inside the clamp rings. Regardless of others having trouble with these clamps, I think theyā€™re a great design!!

3 Likes

Where can I get the replacement C-clamps? I am also having problems. I got my kit today, and three times I had to turn back home as they were coming loose. Am not too keen on torquing the shit out of those grub screws. Not really good that there is only the grub screw contact area on two sides of the truck hanger.

Other than that, I love my Pro3 kit :slight_smile: Awesome!

loiphin.

If you just got it today and allready had to work on it 3 times itā€™s evident you didnā€™t use loktite it at least not correctly.

Let me school you for a minuteā€¦

Put the mount on the truck in then position it will ultimately be installed. Mark the grub screw holes with a sharpie, then take the mount off. Drill a 4mm hole 5mm deep on that mark. Replace the mount, put blue loktite in the grub screws, install the grub screws with a socket hex adaptor. Walk away for 24 hours. Thatā€™s how ling it takes loktite to cure.

4 Likes

Not according to the Loctite 243 datasheet buddy. 3 hours is all you need. I used loctite, I just havent gone as far as drilling holes in my trucks. Thats a shitty solution in my eyes. A redesigned clamp is what I am after.

Incorrectā€¦

Assemble parts and tighten as required. Sets in approximately 10 minutes and fully cures in 24 hours. Clean adhesive residue immediately with a damp cloth. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in methylene chloride and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush

technial bulletin - Loctite https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.loctiteproducts.com/tds/T_LKR_BLUE_tds.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHsez8w4TcAhWwwFkKHfLuBfIQFggrMAE&usg=AOvVaw10vLSTc6Dv12UB6X90zrVZ

Itā€™s worked for a few thousand people, maybe your the problem ā€˜buddyā€™.

4 Likes

Hey Son, realize that it is quite frustrating to Regulars, when people show up, ask for help/complain about an issueā€¦ Recieve help from people, then act condescendingā€¦

1 Like

Fair enough, but I wasnā€™t the first to be condescending, hence my reply.