TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

This is from about a month of daily use…

1 Like

Hey @torqueboards! Any update on a fix for the mounts?

Should be here within a week or so. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@torqueboards Awesome to hear! Hope it’s going to help :slight_smile:

By this, you mean you’ll have a new version of mount?

The V5 motor mounts are already listed on their site

1 Like

What i mean was fixing mount that everyone been asking for.

@XTLA - collections/electric-skateboard-motor-mounts/products/v5-fixed-motor-mount-set Do note… if you are having issues with using set screws. V5 also uses set screws so I would just opt for our 2pc clamp for our standard motor mount.

@kiryl - It will it’s a lot easier.

3 Likes

Do you still have the list of people who need the new mounts

2 Likes

Hey @torqueboards do you think I could buy that set you linked, but with a shortened metal bar? I want it to fit my regular caliber II fiftys :slight_smile:

@bplatoff - yes

@anon64938381 - As of now, we don’t have one with a shortened bar for 180mm Calibers. I don’t think we’ll offer one for it :confused:

How can I make sure I’m on the list?

I would also like to be on the list. Will there be an additional charge or will we just send the old ones in

Like to be on the list too if I can, had to epoxy my mount a long time ago to keep it from falling. :joy:

bummer :frowning:

char

How close are these mounts? I can’t ride the board right kno cause it won’t stay tight even with red loktite and everything, so it’s these or getting others. Thanks

I want to reiterate, I had tons of issues until I properly mounted my mounts. It’s been a really long time, many rides on tons of horrible pavement, the weight of 6374 motors jostling at them and the bolts are still as tight as the day I torqued them down and there is absolutely zero play. I haven’t even applied loctite in months, and when I did it was loctite blue that had been screwed in and out and wiped off while troubleshooting.

I’d love new mounts, but if I could show you how, I’m sure everyone in this thread could get by with proper mounting of your existing mounts.

4 Likes

Did you follow dekozs method, I used the loctite and a large wrench but didn’t get anything like yours

Pretty much. This is how I mount mine, with the thick heatshrink (glue kind) wedged between the mounts and hangar as pictured:

20180603_195820x20180603_195631x

Since doing this, my mounts have been SOLID… Whereas before I’d have to constantly re-tighten the set screws as they would always come loose, it was annoying, but my mounts set up exactly like this have taken way too much abuse for a long time and even with old old applications of loctite blue, the set screws even are as tight as the day I torqued them down with a small Allen key ( L ).

2 Likes

Ok I’ll try that, for now I can barely get the mounts off cause of the loctite I used