TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

I wasn’t being condescending, I was being irritated. You came into a thread with 200 replies, where it says how to install the mount correctly at least 7 times and didn’t bother to read any of it… Just to complain.

Sorry your having a tough time. I hate directions too but sometimes reading them saves you a lot of trouble in the long run.

3 Likes

Okay then I am sorry I came across like that in my original post. That was not the intention. I will be aware of how I phrase myself next time.

No reason to worry about phrasing, I was just trying to explain how to get it working. If that’s not what your looking for that’s cool too.

Just wondering if @torqueboards will have an upgrade of their clamps any soon. I’m about to order but maybe just wait for a while, if there is :yum:

collections/electric-skateboard-motor-mounts/products/v5-fixed-motor-mount-set

Well there’s these

1 Like

Not that, i can’t use that since my trucks are caliber 44. I mean for the single mount.

I was being a little facetious. I’d say these aren’t very useful for most people lol. Does anyone actually have these?

@loiphin I actually agree with you. I think the design is bad. Nothing but a clamp will work, I think the set screw only setup is garbage.

I understand that TB is a reputable vendor. But this particular clamp design sucks the wiener.

4 Likes

I have also been having lots of problems with these. They come loose all the time.

I have bought a set of clamps from a chap on here to replace the torqueboard ones, I won’t be buying torqueboard stuff again.

We’ll be reaching out to everyone shortly for more info.

6 Likes

Mine used to come loose all the time until I figured out I was doing it wrong. I was tightening all 4 screws when really you should tighten only 2 all the way until the mount is pushed into a corner of the trucks. I tighten the 2 that are easiest to access when the board is upside down. I think the design is ok but there needs to be more detailed instructions. And you need to torque them down frekakng hard, so hard you think your Allen wrenches might snap.

3 Likes

i have broken many alen wrenches, insted i switched to alen key bits and a wrench (more torque and less likely to break a bit vs a key)

2 Likes

Anyone who is still having trouble with these clamps needs to watch the video @Deckoz post about proper installation!! Also, what @Holyman92 said. Even the Wera keys will bend before you get enough torque. Need a socket driver, and I recommend this: 15311752064857615865250035281032

4 Likes

is that the hexplus bit? i had a set of those stolen out of my truck :frowning:

1 Like

Hex plus for sure! That sucks ass!! Probably $100+ lost, huh? These drivers are the only thing I use for esk8

yea, it was actually close to $1500.00 in tools lost, but that bit set was among the stolen stuff

1 Like

Haha Swedol​:raised_hands::sunglasses:

Hex Plus FTW. I’m pretty much exclusively using these

https://www.kctoolco.com/hex-power-bits-metric/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=43&OAL=39-74mm+(1.5-2.9+inches)&Finish=Natural+Finish

The 2" power bit versions. Might have to pick up the ocho (8mm) version…

But I’m thinking it’s much smarter to swap out for hardened carbon steel hex head bolts. Maybe extra long ones for socket clearance.

2 Likes

Those are cheap! Thanks for the link brother!! Wera tools are unparalleled.

1 Like

Anyone still have @torqueboards V3 mount? I can’t get it to stay. I have tried everything, new, quality set screws with loctite, and even copious amounts of JB weld, and it still comes loose. Anyone have a solution?