TIE/ad x1 | 1st Build Trampa E-toxx (Australia)

Yes, you should be able to coast. I don’t have any experience with those ESC’s, but my setup, with the same drive unit, and dual ESCapes allows me to coast and braking is not an issue.

1 Like

So, my ESC cut power on me today, low voltage cutoff setting on Auto(High). I got off immediately and switched the board off.

Now some say that even that setting is not good enough with Max6 ESCs, but my two packs were 14.05V and 14.58V when I plugged them into the B6AC chargers.

So for 4S that means all cells are above 3.5V, which means it is safe? Should I still get a voltage monitor? If so, which one?

I have this ones connected when I´m for a ride

The voltage monitoring is ±0.04V off from the real value, but for the go it´s enough precise for me. You can easy programm the Voltage when it should start peeping and it´s cheap too.

2 Likes

Plus dont necessarily trust the readings you get from your charger certainly at the beginning of a charge since the balancing mostly takes place towards the end of the charge! if your batteries were 14.05V and 14.58V according to the charger its likely in reality they were probably a bit lower!

1 Like

The raw finish of these gear drive together with the shiny sk3 is simply gorgeous, now I want something like it

3 Likes

Thanks mate, appreciate the compliment! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having a calibration issue with my TX / RX / ESC. Having followed the Max6 calibration procedure correctly, my brakes engage when throttle is only lightly reversed. The trigger feels overly sensitive and dangerous.

About 25% travel to the braking side gives full brakes and a green light. Further than that ESC lights turn red and I sometimes get reverse, while full travel sees light go off. Applying full throttle get’s green.

@Nowind you have a lot of experience with these, could it be remote throttle trim? Why would the lights on my ESCs go off at full brake position?

Which Remote?

Are you using reverse? I would not advice, forward/brake best. Do a calibration again.

HK-GT2B. How do I switch reverse off? The lowest setting on the Max6 ESC is 25%.

With the Prog Card. Choose Forward/Brake

Remote is good. Re Calibrate again without the Reverse

2 Likes

Done. Calibration sorted. Thanks!

As an aside, I thought I’d weigh the complete setup.

5 Likes

That is really realy awesome mate !! For a mtb its a really good light weight :+1: Well done & Enjoy !!!

2 Likes

Didn’t know it was such a big deal honestly, just posted it because it’s about 2.5kg more than the Evolve Bamboo GT with AT wheels I had before.

Here’s the first pic of my board in the wild, waiting for a train to go 50km to the CBD. Having e-toxx bumpers on both sides is so good.

The front already spared my hanger some light damage, and the rear is so handy for tail standing and obviously protecting the motors.

8 Likes

I’m a somewhat simple man. I do what works best with the least effort.

image image image

4 Likes

Anyone here that have experience with the standard Trampa inner tube valve cores being crap?

All my wheels let themselves down within a week, and I now have damage on one of my rims.

Didn’t notice until it was too late, and because I didn’t expect it TBH.

I once had a problem that the inner tube was damaged by the rims. the tube got inbetween of the two parts of the rim and caused a cut in the tube. Have a look if not the tube has small cut´s or holes.

Deflates too slowly for a damaged inner tube.

1 Like

Anyway, inflated the tyres yesterday, didn’t lose much pressure overnight. Rode it in today, but will keep an eye on it.

A pic of the visible damage, could clearly only have happened with a deflated tyre to deflect that much at the bead.

Also got reminded this morning when carrying it by the front foot binding up some stairs, that griptape can bite.

Might just end up re-coreing the tyre valves this weekend.

2 Likes

Where did you buy the battery ?

Two Turnigy Graphene batteries from Hobbyking.