THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

@FullMetal_Machinist This is insane and awesome. I love it. Makes me think of the quote from Jurassic Park “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

4 Likes

I am currently sorting out the ESC. Current measurement is fixed. After setting dead times and soldering all power bus bypass capacitors mosfet drivers started to give up, loosing gate drive on high side. Cause was traced to negative transient on gate drive pin during mosfet turn-off. Drivers i chose initially can withstand up to -0,3v (datasheet), measured -1,0v. Found another drivers, slightly slower, but up to -2,0v transients. When it is done i will post results. Cheers!

9 Likes

31 Likes

My 10S18P is probably not big enough for his remote.

2 Likes

damn you beat me im making a 13s10p :sob:

1 Like

This happened at my old house. The water came in the house through the power cable, inside the insulation, and got all over inside the power box and the wall.

4 Likes

Lol he’s. Everyone with their overkill batteries. Though I must say, it’s nice to know you can do 30+ miles of aggressive riding without thinking about charging.

3 Likes

I draw 27 ish wh/ mile and im 115 lbs can’t imagine how much I will draw when I grow up :rofl::sob:

I’ll get around 53 miles according to the calculations of my 13s10p being around 1.5kwh

^some slow ass guy can prolly get 100 miles outta it

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Every damn time you gotta compare your size.

3 Likes

yes what size you got a 6s1p? :joy:

jkjk\

@yelnats8j also when you coming to NYC?

1 Like

I get about 40 miles in normal conditions with my 1100wh battery. If I really push it, I eat at least 80wh per miles.

2 Likes

hmmmm? i mean i drained a raptor 2 in 9 miles do i hold a record? :rofl:

Some time this summer

I will be up there next week but sadly only for a day and Ive got no time to ride

Waiting on the redember still :pensive:

2 Likes

well be happy cause none of my board are working…

1 Like

Same atm

My OG board finally died and it doesnt look like its gonna be working soon.

Hey and if you dont get your board working by summer you can borrow the Tayto for the day, its no 13s10p but its still a lotta fun.

1 Like

I would kill a 12s4p in 4 miles sorry lol

1 Like

You do indeed hold a record – 9 miles is the furthest any Raptor 2 has gone without breaking-down

40 Likes

It was probably because his remote got stuck at 100%

5 Likes

oouf why gotta do it so dirty, it wasnt even my raptor :rofl::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It looks like an eraser