THE Overkill - 4WD 36KW 20S13P 100+MPH build from scratch

Heard they’ve used it to power lights on the road while the piezoelectric stuff is in the road with cars rolling over

2 Likes

Recycling thermal generated energy is tough but key in future tech. I bought a wireless light switch the other day that requires no charge and uses the resistance from toggling the switch manually a few times to keep it charged perpetually. Genius.

1 Like

You mean “per sec”, right?

4 Likes

yeah, definately 60 per second (60hz)

1 Like

Actually about to start developing an ASIC for pacemakers, that harvests piezoelectric energy from the heart… dont tell anyone tho, alot of NDAs etc.

5 Likes

Oooh deal. I’ve got zika in my fridge cooking up something good so we’re even :wink:

1 Like

I’m a HV lineman by trade. For a/c secondary voltage. 120 will make you grab and hang on. 240 is characterized as “safer” because it will blow you off it. Lol I’m not willing to test this, but that’s what they say in the trade. DC can make an entry wound on your skin at 60v. It takes 50miliamps (nothing) to stop the human heart at 120v ac.

5 Likes

The new meta is bringing a defib wherever we go, havent you heard? /s

1 Like

Nice, have a friend in the same trade. He had a major accident while back. Many risks involved, hat off to you sir.

I’ve been hanging under a 10kV transformer changing venting fans…65m up in the air in a windmill. Shit was turned off ofcourse… but still… shat my pants few times feeling the wind blowing in my neck…

1 Like

Damn guys, everytime I see lots of posts here I’m hoping for a new update but it’s just people saying things that don’t matter, like someone could die and etc :confused:

12 Likes

Updates soon. Was busy with making some money to live on. Thread hijacked by masochistic shock-lovers for now. Hope they find new thread soon. I think only way to shoo them away is with updates! Had some troubles with making ESC work properly but it was finally (1 week of scratching my head) traced to poor choice of op-amp in current sense section, it had large DC offset and lot of noise. After replacing op-amp with different model i hope everything will be ok, as LM358 had offset of 1mv (about 4 amps of current measurement at 0,25 miliohm) and i have ordered OP626 which has 0,012mv. Voltage and current dividers are fixed in firmware and ok, deadtime reduced, but running sensorless was still a mess. Also have some problems with motors as gap between stator and rotor is too big and not enough magnetic flux goes into the windings. As a result motor has bigger KV than designed and less torque. Will have to redo the hubs with internal diameter smaller by 0,5mm. Temporary fix will be to glue some 0,25mm thick steel on top of the magnets to take measurements. Magnetically equal to having smaller bell diameter. Good thing i have ordered more magnets.

16 Likes

What airgap size are you aiming?

initially wanted some 0,8mm but it is too much. Was afraid that due to axle deflecting under weight stator might rub on the rotor.

2 Likes

tenor%20(3)

@FullMetal_Machinist can’t wait to see it until it’s done… Sometimes I like not visiting build threads until they’re done… Might do that with this one so it’s a surprise :joy::joy:

1 Like

Your a madman, can’t wait to see the results and how you overcome the traction control problem from all that torque. The power to weight ratio is going to be insane. Keep up the good work and good luck

Better be wearing leathers!

1 Like

Really hope you can finish this project! So exciting! So much overkill!

3 Likes

@MoeStooge goes more faster

All good? How are you getting on with your motor fix?

3 Likes

This is insane. Wonder what sort of mileage he’d get?