The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

I have been using the Landwheel for about a month now and everything was going great. Unfortunately, while riding my board today it randomly shut off. After further inspection, it seems to be jammed inside of the casing and now the entire board does not work. When putting the battery in, the board automatically turns on without pressing the button, and will no longer accelerate or brake. My guess is that the board will not allow me to accelerate when the power button is being pushed in even when the board is on, which is a problem because the power button is stuck into the pushed position. Any suggestions for me landwheel or fellow riders?

Have you contacted Landwheel?

So where are we at with the new circuits with better breaks and voltage behavior? Are they shipping them yet?

nope, not yet

I had this a few months ago. I think this is supposed to be a safety thing. I was going less than 5 mph hit the tiniest rock (I have gone over big curbs and big rocks before etc.) and the engine shut off causing the skateboard to shoot off backwards and myself forwards.

Am I the only one who has given up? I have been with Landwheel since pretty much the beginning but people here seem to be cool waiting for V4 or 5.

On that note. Anyone interested in buying mine off me haha? It is in perfect working condition (to the level of Landwheels standards). Got the board and spare wheels.

Hello. Iā€™m new here :). Since you guys share a lot of useful information and tips I decided to subscribe the forum. Cheers everyone :+1:. Yesterday I contacted what was supposed to be an Alibaba producer of the Landwheel board and she informed me that by the end of this month they will release version 5. Do you guys have more information about this model?

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a current owner of a Landwheel or just looking to buy?

The ā€œV5ā€ is supposed to address the hard braking the V4 had, They havenā€™t mentioned is the battery has been improved upon because V4 experiences a cut-off once the battery falls below 50% and some have gotten only a 3 mile range out of it. Lastly, V5 have larger wheels so address the vibration of the earlier iterations.

Hello Mikenopolis.

I was just looking for some information. I already knew about the company and the problems with all the previous versions. Recently I found the V4 and when I searched a little more I found that, once again, it has problems. By this point I think it is very probable that new V5 also comes with problems. I was also considering the Onan X2. Do you possess any feedback about the quality and reliability of this board?. Regards :wink:

what is your budget and is this going to be your ONLY board. I have multiple boards therefore LWā€™s issues never bothers me too much and Iā€™m just patiently waitingā€¦again for the next fix.

Onan has harsh brakesā€¦most lower priced boards have either weak or harsh brakes. Their X1 were plagued with issues, X2 were better, I think they are at X3s now. If this modular system something you really want/need so you can use your own deck? I say this because CarvOnā€™s current indigogo offering is at $749 at the moment and since I have a build with their drives this is a GREAT deal to jump on. Their drive system is on a Koowheel system, but will be calibrated in the US for quality assurances.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s going to be my only board. Unfortunately ikonrtunately I canā€™t afford another one. Landwheel seems to have very premium quality besides that problems. Though those are important failures, special the brakes o can easily throw out of the boardā€¦ I can go to a maximum 700$. CarvOnā€™s seems pretty good but the fact they donā€™t possess good reviews on the board itā€™s a now

really? This is a good news!

1 Like

Thanks!

Besides, it is even better if other size can be chosen. 90mm, 97mmā€¦etc

Hey Mike, have you ever had a problem with the LW drive periodically beeping and not working (like 3 beeps/second including sound and light)? Iā€™m waiting for them to send me another circuit board (V5 i guess) but just wondering if anyone ever came across something like thisā€¦ They sent me a replacement circuit board previously to address this, but it did not help.

But yeah itā€™s been like 3 months since I bought it and have only been able to use it for the 1st day then it broke lolā€¦

https://streamable.com/n8iq6 Literally this happens

No I did not have your repeated 3 beeps. Both my V3s had long beeps https://youtu.be/tMDoyyfQqW8 and it stop working until I reboot it

Interestingā€¦ Did it get fixed with the v4 panel?

No idea. I hated the V4 brakes so much I donā€™t take it out for a real ride. I just circle a parking lot for a bit and put it away