The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

@kLo why don’t you build your own?

Not too good with the technical stuff. I have tried looking around online for guides on how to build one. But having to import most of the parts from overseas increases cost as well. On top of that I don’t exactly have space and materials to work on a board.

There’s always work around space and tools and trust it’s not too hard for anyone even a baby

True. But considering the amount of work I have to put in. Sourcing the right components as well. Actually making sure my entire set up is weather resistant seems too much a hassle for me.

Would much rather buy 1 off the market and if anything does screw up. Either get technical support or try to tinker with what I have.

I’m 74kg’s. When I say rough, I really just mean normal i.e not park smooth tarmac. London roads are generally made from rough aggregate to handle the heavier vehicles. The wheels are generally to hard for daily road use. I’m not sure about the nuts yet, Landwheel kindly sent me a deep socket driver to tighten them up and that’s mostly fixed it, there does seem to a little bit of play in one hub even with a really tight nut, could be bearing related. A PU washer between the hip motor and the truck could be a solution to the metal on metal knocking that noticeable on the rougher surfaces.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice. Do u mind recommending any threads with guides on diyboards? (Including where I may be able to get parts).

Also, is it possible to diy a setup with hub motors?

I was looking at landwheel as a place to start off, with something physical to tinker with it would be alot easier to understand how things should work. And it’s also waterproof. In terms of performance, I’m not exactly looking for the fastest board I just want something that can get me from point a to point b hassle-free.

Again, I understand why most advice I get prompts me to try and diy 1 myself and I greatly appreciate all replies and feedback. This is a great forum, thanks alot! :slight_smile:

haha. I actually haven’t many of the other “well-known” branded e-skateboards. Do you have any insight into how they brake, i.e. boosted board etc.

After 4 landwheels and months of riding I have finally fallen off it!

I realised today how flawed the acceleration is. I have always focused on the braking issues but not the sensitivity of the acceleration. With V4 I was warned that the acceleration takes time getting used to as it is sensitive. I do find I am better with it now and after a few rides it is okay. But keep in mind that I have been riding it on the pavement (sidewalk) and not much on the road.

Today I was going a mere 3-5 miles an hour, suddenly out of nowhere the skateboard jolted, I flew off. I wonder and fear what would have happened if I was going faster. My fears have always been around braking but this time I was not braking.

One positive of this board is it does seem to do very well going over rough surfaces and uneven pavements. So I was shocked to have fallen over. I think there was a tiny rock I went over which might have caused the fall. But the main reason was that by accident I had it on “fast mode” which accelerates much quicker. With V4 I have not been riding in this mode. It is simply way too sensitive.

Hey Guys!

Just came across this neat lil product and really keen to try it out for myself. Quick question though, I’m forever changing the wood and was wondering if it was easy to un-attach the electric kit, and attach to a new plain long board, fresh out the shop?

Cheers!

either 4 or 8 screws/bolts is all that’s needed. If you don’t care for matching front trucks to rear, then you can just have a bunch of decks with permanent front trucks and swap the drive system from one to the other with just 4 screws

1 Like

I have not read all the comments… I actually own a few Landwheel V4’s sorry to tell you they are not water proof. I am working on this for my own set up. The hub motors may be water proof as for the ESC it is not enclosed properly. As for right now to keep any splashes that may get between the battery I I put a thin layer around the ESC cover hope this helps I still would not submerge.

I highly disagree with this. this is extremely dangerous at high speeds, a good cup washer would be great maybe even a harder bushing, not by much

Im really looking to increase the connection strength between the remote and board. do you have any suggestions? would a simple length to the red antenna wire help?

This is very good point as currently at high speeds i must tap breaks to slow down

Hello, so I’ve had this board sense first batch. I recently got my 4th engine sent to me. Now I’m waiting for a new circuit for the last engine. Latest. engine braked by itself and sent me flying. Gotta say they have great support tho. But I’m really starting to lose faith.

1 Like

Hey guys

I think the LANDWHEEL V4 brake is too sensitive.

I want to proceed at a constant speed while braking slightly a long downhill. However, as the brakes are sensitive, I often fall from the board.

I have two other electric skateboards and the other two can go down hill at a constant speed while applying the brakes.

• Evolve Bamboo GT, Benchwheel Penny

What do you think?

I’ve just bought one, will update you once I have it for test.

I’m currently using their latest revision. But because of all their past issues I don’t use it in commutes or long rides. So far I only ride in smooth parking lots and never go full speed as the brakes take some getting used to. they are working on more improvements at the moment so time will tell if they will finally offer a product with smooth braking.

I’ve been quite reading this thread for a while now until I decided to just make an account. I live in New York and we don’t really get companies out here that do the type of work these guys do. I am so surprised at how quick they respond to your messages, and how they have been working hard to provide a good board. Monica is amazing at what she does, I really hope to see their company succeed.

Here you can see the problem I got with latest version v4 after it already tossed me of the board. We’re going to get a new panel when its available and probably it will work better. Version i had before this worked good for a couple of weeks until Two component got loose cus of the vibration. New electroncis is dosnt have this issue. Instead I got… Gotta give landwheel cred for their awesome support tho! I really hope they manage to solve their problems :slight_smile: