The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

That is so annoying. Spend money in something you can’t use… That why I think price by price Koowheel will always be better

Do you know anything about the new Landwheel L3 X also called V5?. I’ve heard some users received samples for testing…

Koowheel have issues as well. Mostly battery terminal arcing like the Landwheel v2. Cause by poorly engineered terminal connection plus flex.

Yes it has but don’t compare to the problems of Landwheel…

Besides the movement of battery it’s easily solved by putting foam inside the battery cage and after that no more battery movement. Disconnect issues also exist like on Landwheel

Has anyone received a V5 drive yet? I’ve almost killed myself twice in the V4 and refuse to ride it again. Fingers crossed that the changes they have made are a big improvement.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for some information because the only I possess it’s from their sellers…

For those of you who do not know, I’m one of 4 or 5 unofficial beta testers for Landwheel. That is, we are previous customers of their drives stemming from the FIRST version. One tester has had great communication with one of the engineer at LW who translates back to their team. We discuss the problems and improvements needed on their drives within a private forum here. The reason for that is to reduce negative reviews that would drive away future business since we all just want them to have a good and safe drive system. And they have been open to all our input and stood by their warranty.

The current situation is that they are nearing the completion of the “V5” which LW is calling “L3-X” and the beta tester will be sent these units in the next month (November). The 4 or 5 of us live in areas where weather is not an issue for esk8s and we have experience with various “better” boards or built our own boards which is why we were selected to test and provide feedback before they send out replacement units.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone. I’ll update here once I know more.

2 Likes

I’ve got drives 1 thru 4 sitting in my garage. I think I received one of the first 10 every produced and I am EAGERLY awaiting a usable drive. I live in California so luckily I can ride year round.

I’m getting my in early november aswell. I have also been with them sense first version. I’m not one of their unoffical beta testers as far as I know. I’m just special to recive it then?

No Landwheel doesn’t seem to understand they are wasting money sending out these things. So depending on your sales person you might get a unit. Just keep letting them know of your findings

something I’ve always been doing and gonna continue to do.

Btw anyone here think its possible to remake the batterypack with 18650 batteries or is it to small for that? :slight_smile:

I also asked Landwheel support if I could get a review unit to check the quality and create an youtube video for the buyers like me who are interested in some real world usage information. They said it wasn’t possible :cry:

We pay for a money and are participating in the beta test.:laughing:

1 Like

This is an image from Onan’s factory. Do you see their testing “track” and “Hill”? I assume that’s how LW’s testing looks like. Many of us are actually riders on rough streets that truly test the durability of boards under vibration and hard acceleration and brakes.

Does anyone on here deal with the sales lady Michelle? I have emailed her a few times with no reply.

I contact Eileen, but I have no response yet. vacation?

Pretty sure she’s not on vacation. She recently posted on Instagram under the username “EileenSkateboard”. Her other account “EileenVceego” is more focused on selling other products

1 Like

There was a picture of a cute baby.:blush:

I received a reply from Michelle about the dangerous brakes on the V4 and she said she would send a new “panel” to fix that problem. Is there a panel that fixes the brakes? News to me