The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

I like that there’s a fix, I assume the new board replacement will require soldering? Hopefully all your customers have this knowledge.

Thank you for continuing to have good customer service and communications!

It’s our pleasure to help you guys, and we are so appreciated for all your supports.

Does anyone have a spare remote that I can buy off them?

Has the poor braking issue been resolved in V4?

Hi, my landwheel V3 connect between drive and remote lost. Is it fixable? I have seen a few comments above which states that you guys had similar problems…

The braking system of V4 is stronger now.

We will ship new circuit board to you when it’s comes out.

All right thanks for your reaction, and when will this come out ?

Landwheel:

If you are shopping around for a new circuit board or can you please consider picking one that has a USB connection that would allow the user to connect the board to the vedder BLDC tool and choose thier own settings. For example, I very much prefer current control with reverse. This setting allows me to switch to reverse immediately and I find braking with reverse to be much easier to control than the E-Brake method. Alternatively, it would be great if the same settings could be change via blue tooth connection and phone app.

Thanks pk

You wrote

“The braking system of V4 is stronger now.”

Stronger brakes are not necessarily better. Several of us on the forum have complained that the Landwheel brakes are too weak at high speeds but way too strong at slower speeds. When testing the V2, neither my son or I could stay on the board as it approached a stop. We would have to jump of and run almost every time we stopped. It was not very safe. Its a problem that we have never had on our boosted boards.

The ability to connect the board to the Vedder BLDC tool would allow riders to choose the best braking settings for their own needs. I suspect “current control with reverse” would be a much better setting for riders who find they can’t stay on the board near the end of the stop.

One more comment on board set-up is that the pivot bolt needs to be a 1/2 inch longer than it was on the V2. The bolt is too short to allow the trucks to be loosened up enough for a lighter rider. Even for myself as a heavy rider, I find that the trucks are way too tight even when the pivot nut is on the last thread. Setting up the trucks for the right amount of pivot is very important to long board riders. It is very limiting when the board comes out of the box with very stiff trucks and the pivot nut is already on the last thread.

I realize that the V2 bushings were to stiff and that you have switched to softer bushings. Switching to softer bushings was the first thing that I did to make the V2 easier for my son to steer. Even with the softest bushings, I still needed an extra half inch of thread if I wanted the trucks to pivot properly for safe and effective steering.

2 Likes

I don’t think they have hardware even close to the VESC but maybe I missed something.

The Landwheel Vesc is running the vedder software. Its open source software.

I’m not sure I want the V4 brakes stronger. I’m already JOLTING to a stop on V3. I hope you guys have a Boosted board to test and research with, because those have great SMOOTH brakes.

Our DIY boards with VESCs has user adjustable brakes

2 Likes

When did they start using VESC hardware? Do you have pics or a post?

really? how do you connect it to a PC?!

So I should clarify.

I had some 1:1 conversations with the “Landwheel” rep who replies to this forum. We discussed the brakes in particular. Through those conversations, I arrived at the conclusion that that the landwheel circuit board is most likley running the Vedder software. Vedder’s software is open source so there would be nothing wrong with that.

The Landwheel rep mentioned that they were switching from square wave to sin wave and that they were making adjustments to the brake force. These as you may know are settings that can be changed via the vedder BLDC tool.

A VESC is essentially a small computer board that can be loaded up with firmware. While the Landwheel board does not look like a VESC, I’m pretty sure it is running the Vedder firmware.

It is true that I am speculating a bit about the software that is already on the boards.

But now I’l pose the question to everyone on the forum. Thumbs up or thumbs down…

Would you like to be able to plug your Landwheel into the BLDC tool and adjust the setting? Please use the like button to vote.

1 Like

I do worry about how many of their customers are actually able to make adjustments without blowing something or endangering themselves. Us builders with some experience with VESCs and BLDC might be better at it than “normal” people. As frustrated as I am with these failed V3s I have now, I feel bad that Landwheel has to keep investing in R&D to make it work after this long. I truly appreciate their effort and customer service which is something very rare in Chinese businesses.

1 Like

Hi Mike:

We don’t see a USB port on the land wheel circuit board. So presumably, Landwheel is loading the firmware in the factory either via Bluetooth or via some thing similar to a Canbus to USB adapter. Obviously I’m speculating.

This Landwheel ad on Alibaba does describes the product using the term “VESC”:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-newest-powful-vesc-controller_60566870501.html

Hi Mike:

You pointed out that not all users would be competent to make these changes. I agree. I’m not proposing a USB port that is accessible to the outside of the case. Only that a user who feels competent to take the cover off the electronics would have access to a USB port to change settings.

I also agree with Mike’s opinion. It’s nice to be able to customize the settings, but the most desirable is the default setting that anyone can easily and safely ride.