The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

Honestly, I agree with the two of you. I’m hoping for a V4 that brakes safely. I don’t get the sense that the Landwheel team has taken our braking concerns to heart – possibly, they may not understand the concerns.

We talk about safer brakes that don’t throw us off the front of the board at low speed. Then we see comments from Landwheel that the V4 brakes are now stronger.

Mike and I talk on this forum about how safe and proportional the boostedboard brakes are. I’ve tried to get Landwheel to look at using reverse power for braking instead of E-Brake. I’m concerned that the really important and helpful suggestions that the forum members are contributing on the topic of brake concerns just are not translating into the right type of changes.

So, not having confidence that the brakes are moving in the right direction – (or may be moving in the wrong direction), I’m thinking the next best thing would be the option of choosing our own braking and reversing preferences.

2 Likes

I’m a idiotic moron. No idea why I even use this Landwheel anymore. What is this beep of death anyway, safety cutoff?

I used it this morning for a short coffee run, on the way back while holding said coffee the board decided to beep and stop responding while going down a slight downhill, I had to foot brake and got a bit of hot mess on my hand.

2 Likes

Hey Landwheel…how come you have not responded to the braking concerns? There is a distinct difference between stronger braking and safer braking!

So, I’m planning to buy a landwheel kit… But I’m wondering, has the v4 come out? Do you guys know where I can find it? Is it worth it?

it seems like 5 out of 5 people on here with the board are either already disappointed or have high hopes for some fixed version to come.
If you’ve never ridden an eboard before maybe you’ll be happy with its low power, but if you learn to plug a couple things together and go diy you can have a much much better and more reliable board.
how this business manages to stay in business I don’t get.

by low power I mean the thing surely puts out little power because the few li-ion cells would be cooked otherwise and the esc must be programmed to keep amp draw low.

the ease of attachment is super cool but in practice, as you’ve been the one to show more than anyone Mike, these things die within moments. Given the choice of a diy board that will TRUELY put out 3000 watts and may take 2 weeks to get together vs buying this weak slow thing and spending a lifetime waiting and hoping one day they fix its problems and send it…Id rather the former. But then a lot of people don’t want much power or speed, until they hit a hill.

Is there still a v4 on the way??

Hi Mike,

The circuit board you received it test version. The official version is shipped already. We will give you the tracking number then. We changed washer for providing the ride smooth feeling more like normal skateboard. This will be the best position for riding.

Landwheel

@Landwheel , i am trying to contact Michelle but she does not respond to my messages. Is my V4 shipping ? Since the other guys on here have Them already. I live in the Netherlands so it could take a bit longer but can you atleast confirm the shipment as said by landwheel Facebook and the sales rep

Just got a new circuit board from Landwheel. Looks like a simple swap. Hopefully this will fix the issues I have

We hope that the issue is resolved.

Hi Mike:

Good Video. Thanks for a heads up on the brakes. Landwheel just shipped me two units. I imagine they will arrive in a week or so.

pk

Landwheel, I have yet to receive the replacement v4 and I am receiving no reply to emails sent to Michelle. Should I be trying to contact someone else? Really would like to be able to start riding my skateboard again.

Thanks, Justin

Hi Mike,

Appreciate for your videos. We’d like to explain some differences between the old circuit board (pic 1) and new circuit board (pic 2), In the new circuit board, we do the changes as follows:

1.Change the Samsung capacitance 2. Add earth wire 3. Cancel Capacitance 4. Add capacitance and resistance

So there is looks something difference with the old one, please kindly check it. @Mikenopolis

Landwheel

1 Like

Hi Justin,

We are sorry about that Michelle didn’t reply you in time. If you have any confused, you can contact [email protected] directly. Also we PM you already, please kindly check it. :slight_smile:

Landwheel

Hey Mike,

It’s Fred from YouTube. Thanks for sharing all the details about v4.

Mine should arrive today, as I mentioned in your comment section I am still not too sure whether I should accept parcel… everything sounds great about V4, except for the brakes, possibly the most crucial part in any electric skateboard. Did they make you pay shipping for the replacement parts? They respond rather quickly, which I appreciate, but if I have to pay shipping every time they send me one of their “beta” products, I think I am just gonna pass on the system entirely…

Say what you want about Koowheel and Benchwheel, but at least their brakes works very well :). Being scared for your life at 10mph doesn’t exactly boost my confidence :wink:

Hi Fred,

I NEVER paid for any replacement parts or shiopping so far which is better than company like Acton who does not pay for shipping either way even when it’s their faulty/defective item.

Good to know! UPS decided to delay my delivery until tomorrow, but I guess I am gonna give it a shot and take it from there. Thanks for the input!

Landwheel has been great so far in their quest to improve their product and send all of us the new versions. Ultimately we all want a rideable board and landwheel wants a competitive product. It’s a win win considering the price most of us paid to get the beta v1 and most of us are happy to provide feedback because I think their local feedback options are limited at best. I’ll happily be patient as long as they keep working on producing a quality that eventually makes its way to my door step. They have never charged a shipping fee for later versions, and if they did, most of us would bail as the cost of multiple shipping from China would far exceed the cost of buying a boosted board outright. Keep up the good work landwheel. The more high quality e boards out there the better. Next on your list should be a 4 wheel drive off road version.

1 Like

Glad to hear, I am gonna share my experience with you once I get to test the unit :slight_smile: