The flipsky dual esc group buy. ITS ON. 130$ including usa shipping

Aww boo… No worries it’ll happen soon enough.

1 Like

What did you order from me?

1 Like

Haha haha!!! I’m a high idiot lol. That was meant for Hummie… Sorry lol

1 Like

I have one of these strapped to Betty right now. So far, so good. Still need to tweak some settings to keep it from cutting out on me but over all a decent controller. So far.

4 Likes

Is betty 12 or 10s?

12S, at the moment via a pair of 6S 10Ah Tattu packs in series.

1 Like

I hooked mine up to a premade board, 40A 10S worked flawless as well.

Seems like decent quality, especially when it costs the same as one vesc 4.12 or what they used to go for.

1 Like

Im getting cut outs as well, on startup mostly. What do you suggest changing? The battery max?

1 Like

I get cutouts on startup and braking. IF i jam the throttle it cuts out, if i jam the brake without easing into it it cuts out.

I tried PWM tweaking, tried messing with the throttle curves, tried lowing my motor min and bat min, pretty much everything I can think of so far. I’m certain though that if i stare at it long enough while gradually becoming drunk enough that the answer will come to me.

to be fair, this is probably the first time i’ve really dug into VESC-Tool other than just toying with it for a few minutes. Firmware on the ESC is 3.40 allegedly.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting the same thing. I got terrible results with the stock firmware so I upgraded to Acks 3.102 and its better, but still cuts out at quick acceleration or breaks. I’ve got a pretty generous throttle curve setup at -20%/-20%. I’m running 50/-40/50/-20. The brakes are really soft, so I think Ill bump it to -40. Not sure what to do about the cutouts.

1 Like

Well that backs up my findings and doesn’t bode well for Flipsky. I wonder if its a hardware issue?

1 Like

could be, i was wondering if it was an issue with ack’s firmware but I don’t think so at this point since you are using the stock firmware and getting like results. I wonder if bigger/more caps would allow in increase in limits?

That doesn’t sound good :frowning:

@longhairedboy @mmaner

Are you both running FOC or BLDC? My Maytech VESC’s where cutting out like this too, but only in FOC, BLDC was fine.

I’m running mine in FOC. Admittedly I had some issue with FOC detection, but I didn’t think that was the issue. I’ll go back and just try straight BLDC and see if its better. Good catch.

1 Like

Im on BLDC on mine, i did not have any cutouts but the brakes sucked but thats due to the battery.

1 Like

I would be surprised if these can run FOC without any issues, they are after all really cheap, and cheap + foc = not good.

1 Like

Could tweaking the FOC settings help with cutouts? Maybe? I was watching Benjamin Vedder video and that thought came to mind.

Ahh man I hope this is just setting or something. I purchased 2 of them and I would hate to find out its hardware issue.

My only hope is there is someone from flipsky on here that sees a problem and fixes it. I’d really hate to see that buy go down the drain… :expressionless: