The flipsky dual esc group buy. ITS ON. 130$ including usa shipping

@longhairedboy @mmaner

Are you both running FOC or BLDC? My Maytech VESC’s where cutting out like this too, but only in FOC, BLDC was fine.

I’m running mine in FOC. Admittedly I had some issue with FOC detection, but I didn’t think that was the issue. I’ll go back and just try straight BLDC and see if its better. Good catch.

1 Like

Im on BLDC on mine, i did not have any cutouts but the brakes sucked but thats due to the battery.

1 Like

I would be surprised if these can run FOC without any issues, they are after all really cheap, and cheap + foc = not good.

1 Like

Could tweaking the FOC settings help with cutouts? Maybe? I was watching Benjamin Vedder video and that thought came to mind.

Ahh man I hope this is just setting or something. I purchased 2 of them and I would hate to find out its hardware issue.

My only hope is there is someone from flipsky on here that sees a problem and fixes it. I’d really hate to see that buy go down the drain… :expressionless:

longhairboy tested it on FOC extensively seems to be working fine but the one issue he encountered.

1 Like

@BarbaraZ what you think? maybe we should stick to the 6.6 how’s it doing? I know @evoheyax is running one on his bike with a hub hub motor and delivering around the city and doing huge miles and he was recently trying to describe the awesomeness of 120motor amps. and then when he was likely doing his longest sustained uphill i think it was 3000 watts for a while and something happened. and it shut off and since then he’s backed the motor and battery amps down. he did have one that fried right out of the bag pretty much, unexplained, but with another running foc and i bet he’s riding 8 hours a day. couldnt be a harder test.

2 Likes

Really strange, i did not have those issues.

I was running it really low, and unsensored and on a pair of China hub motors.

Did a solid 10km on it yesterday and today no issues what so ever only poor brakes.

Can we get a clarification on “there is little that can be done in settings”. Just wondering if that means though very little it can be done in settings or not at all and just being salty, for lack of better word.

Are you an aggressive accelerator or not? If not, could you maybe hammer down a few times to see of you get that same result? Thinking if it doesnt happen to you, it may be a portion of the batch that have the hardware issue.

Yeah, runs just fine here.

Smacked it in a second board, and took it out on some offroading no issues what so ever. Sounds like there may be a bad batch out there then.

1 Like

Cutouts sounds related to lack of capacitance and other stuff, as hard acceleration / braking generates a lot of noise and etc. Do you know what kind error you getting @mmaner @longhairedboy ? Maybe temperature?

Well those hub motors are really small compared to normal motors we use :wink:

They seem big though, its 63mm motors on maytech hubs. (These https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/cnc-kit/hub-brushless-motors/bldc-sensored-hub-motor-for-longboard-maytech/)

And the ones on the board i send are massive stators, the entire outside of it before the wheel is just coils.

Those hub motors are like 900W max, our normal out-runners are like minimum 2.5kW Those are refurbished hover board wheels…

No, they are not.

They are escooter wheels, not hoverboard wheels and they are redesigned with a lower KV ive been through the entire process with Backfire. And yes, all hubs are lower W they are also way lower KV 60/75KV i pushed 50A in both without any problems i also have 3500W outrunner motors and 2500W outrunner motors here im waiting for the rest of my parts for my builds.

Just stating i had no issues what so ever with my vesc at all, so far tried on 3 different setups with 50 - 60A pushed into it

You know if you set 50A on setting it doesn’t mean it will consume 50A :smiley: and there is no such thing as pushing 50A into it…

I know it consumed that amount of power since im able too see it on my phone lol.

Or thats atleast what my metr app claims, so if its right.

1 Like