The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

At @Pmac’s suggestion I decided to implement a battery indicator! Thanks for the brilliant idea (:

New cover files have been added:

New Part:

Instructions:

1. Slot the battery indicator into the insert as shown below. Secure it into the slot with 2 screws (highlighted in blue). Any black screws used in the Mini Remote will do.

Note:

• Use a small nylon washer/nut between the screw and the 3d print. If not, ignore using the screws and simply use hot glue to secure it to the print. It works!

1. Solder 2 wires to the positive and negative terminals of the battery indicator and connect them in parallel to your battery, (+ve connects to +ve, -ve connects to -ve).

Note (Optional):

• You can simply solder them onto the inputs of the TP4056A pcb where your battery connects to!
  1. Press the button on the cover to read the battery level of the remote!

2. Enjoy! It should look like this from the outside:

9 Likes

incredible as always.

And i’m just sitting here wondering where my delivery of those are!!!

2 Likes

damit jeff, i missed this by 2 days?!?!?:rofl::rofl: im gonna print this asap.

Hahahaha sorry! I literally had 2 hours of free time to design it yesterday, so went ahead and got it out of the way… didn’t think i’d be releasing it this soon too.

1 Like

Damn Ive gotta get a mini remote and print one of these, If anyones got a mini remote they don’t want hit me up :sweat_smile:

I wonder how these would look carbon fiber skinned???

Not sure how one would skin it, but probably could hydrodip it in a carbon print (:

2 Likes

Printing one gonna try it out :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

IMG_20190218_213104

Some SLA prints for some forum orders! :smiley: Sadly, not the one with the battery meter. ): Would have to order a new top cover for that. The plain version looks pretty cool too!

1 Like

Those look great. Is it possible to purchase only the printed case? If yes, what would the price be? Are there other colors available?

3 Likes

Already PM-ed you :slight_smile: and here’s your metallic red remote case! Red is apparently v.popular haha. About 50% of those I made are metallic or candy red.

IMG_20190220_183326

IMG_20190220_183233

IMG_20190220_203401

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait for it.

1 Like

IMG_20190303_233821

More red remotes! :slight_smile:

I still have 2 SLA covers left of the LONG remote (not the battery indicator version). HMU if you want them, i can paint them in lot of colours too!

3 Likes

IMG_20190306_170138

IMG_20190306_201300

1 cover left of the long remote, non batt indicator version! :smiley:

2 Likes

ILL tAKE IT, HOW MUCH SHIPPED TO ME AGAIN jEFF?

You seem very excited haha. Will PM.

Any of you fine folks order the voltage converter, micro USB board, or battery in bulk that I could pay to ship me?

Really wanting to try this out and don’t want to wait a month (Ali) or buy bulk (Amazon)

Oops spoke too soon, ebay to the rescue!

1 Like

Hmm only issue I’m having is the battery. I’m planning on printing the longer handle. @Linny’s solution photos look like the 30mm dimension is crucial but the other length could maybe go a bit longer?

I found a 103050 :thinking:

Longer batteries are fine if youre printing the long version. It can take up to 55mm batteries iirc.

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt response!

1 Like

I’ll have to check though haha. 55mm is an approximate, i dont have access to the file right now so I can’t confirm

1 Like