The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

I have 4 extra voltage converter and micro USB board. (didn’t realize I ordered a 5 pack lol)

Do you just need 1 of each? I don’t mind sharing.

1 Like

Absolutely! I’d happily pay you a fair price. I’m east coast US if that helps.

@nuttyjeff, no rush. I appreciate it.

Just pay me for shipping. PM your address and I’ll get back to ya with the price.

1 Like

Just checked, you can fit a battery up to 60mm in the Long Version :slight_smile:

Also, I’ve been receiving PMs in the last few months from people wondering if I sell these, and… yes, I do! I’ve just not been openly advertising this due to concerns on personal time constraints - It takes quite abit of time to paint and mod each remote from a Mini to an Avio remote.

However, after making over 20 of these bad boys, I’ve gotten rather efficient in this. So, for everyone else who wants to get their hands on this remote, I am openly now selling them on a build-to-order basis. I will order the SLA covers and required components in batches based on the orders i get from time to time. The lead time for these remotes will hence vary from 1 week to 3 weeks, depending on shipping times.

The price of the remotes are:

• $67.5usd for the Long Remote.
  • $62.5usd for the Short Remote.

The price stated covers PayPal fees and free intl.shipping

Remotes will be printed in SLA, not FDM which makes for a much better surface finish and also painted in a multitude of colours of your choosing, including:

• Flat black
  • White
  • Pearl white
  • Candy red
  • Metallic red
  • Hotrod red
  • Candy blue
  • Crystal blue
  • Silver
  • Truck-Bed Liner (+$10 usd)

IMG_20190307_192702 IMG_20190307_195138 IMG_20190307_195118

I might make another thread about this and possibly so up a google form in the future. In the mean time, simply shoot me a PM to order.

7 Likes

@Linny are you using the stock on off switch from the mini? Mine died today (always on) and I just got the stuff to do the mod (thanks again @TheAwkwardLlama!)

1 Like

Yep i am. The switch is not very robust id say. My very first mini remote couldnt turn on unless i pushed the switch sooooo much to the point where it almost broke. That’s one flaw of the mini remote, it needs a better switch

Hmm I’ll look into a replacement. Where on the modded remote does it go? I’m somehow missing it in the pictures.

Happy to hear you got the stuff @venom121212 n_n! I just finished mine yesterday! 20190310_184420

5 Likes

Woah, 1st edition! Haha. Is the logo a sticker?

2 Likes

It’s a holo vinyl. :sweat_smile: I felt bad that I was too lazy to carve out the logo when I covered it in bondo, so I vinyl’ed it (yay Cricut) and sealed.

1 Like

Haha, no worries! The new files dont even have my logo anymore, realised it was too much of a pain to smooth out :stuck_out_tongue:

You could possibly just replace the switch.

Key words to search for :“SPST slide switch”, though i’m not sure what’s the exact switch the mini uses.

1 Like

The upgrade begins!

20190317_113419

6 Likes

Sorry to ask but, does this one works? Size : 5Mm (h) * 40mm (W) * 50mm (L) 5 DC3.7V 1500 Mah Charge current : standar 1.0c fast: 0.5c Database charging method: 0.5c CC 4.25 V

Nope.the max battery you can fit into the long remote is a 30mm x 55-60mm x 10mm battery. The 40mm width won’t squeeze in unfortunately.

Thanks God I ask XD would be a pain to have to return it and buy a new one, thanks

1 Like

@nuttyjeff @Linny

The micro usb circuit board I received is a bit different from your photo.

f678f6891d1cd3b65cdb0d1d1da77d69fbec4eef_1_690x388

Vs

Mine doesn’t have the out + & -

Is it unusable?

1 Like

That should be fine, just connect it to the 3.3v regulator from those bat+ and - leads :slight_smile:

Sorry if I’m a little late on my replies, enjoying life in Hawaii now :smiley:

IMG_20190325_103820

5 Likes

What the hell are you even doing responding?! I mean thank you but for real haha. Have a nice trip man