The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

only thing to improve this would be an oled display w/ telemetry :wink:

Unfortunately, I don’t think i’ll ever be adding telemetry to this remote…

I designed this to be an easy mod for people who hate the mini-remote look and want something more polished (:

Perhaps look towards @ervinelin’s remote mod for telemetry and an oled display :smiley:

The problem i’ve found with pretty much every telemetry remote is they use the nrf chipset for control, and it just… doesn’t work and is very dangerous!

Perhaps i just need to make a little telemetry display for the board itself like the davega

@StefanMe is designing a module to allow any remote to be a smart remote, could be integrated in such a form factor when released!

1 Like

Hmm i’ll have to look at his project too.

@Nuttyjeff I love the mini remote mod, i made one for myself, and i’m making one for my nephew too, i built his first esk8 mtnboard recently with him, thank you!

1 Like

Cool! Glad you like it (: Can’t wait for pics on your builds! :smiley:

Ah! That’s cool, could possibly integrate it into the mod by leaving it as an option. Will take a look at it once it’s released!

1 Like

Could you elaborate why the NRF chipset won’t work/is dangerous?

Poor range and interruptions… any interruption on a board that can kill you or break your arm/leg/face in less than one second if malfunctioning is dangerous!

That’s why I’ve liked the mini remote so far… excellent range and never hiccups. I bought a …designed net remote but honestly… it’s sucks and a thumb control remote doesn’t work for a high power board

1 Like

I have gone many many kms with my NRF based remote… I think most issues have been resolved already, I can get 20m or more range depending on the location and if I used external antennas…

But yes it’s a risk as with all things DIY…

1 Like

I guess I just haven’t had a good experience. I think the best is this remote with a separate nrf telemetry display, or at least separated from the control circuit

While waiting for the mini remote to come, I printed the two mod versions. I have to say. I really like the form factor of the small version. Stiil have to test it with the trigger. Thx guys!

IMG_20190205_001626 IMG_20190205_001715 IMG_20190205_001648

1 Like

Ah you printed the older version of the small mini remote haha. It has since been updated to a ‘shaper’ but slightly fatter form factor (:

IMG_20190205_091037

2 Likes

Hoo, same thing here :blush: waiting for the remote, I start printing.

but as it will be for my GF, maybe I will try again with the new smaller one so, but is the 1000mAh battery still fit in @nuttyjeff ?

1 Like

Yeap, the 1000mah will still fit! The bigger one can take a longer lipo batt (:

1 Like

Ah damn I didn’t check the thingy fila recently. Well I like it the rounded bottom shape. In case next time I print ABS I will do it again :smile:

1 Like

Another comissioned remote! He went with a white long version! White looks kinda sick!

IMG_20190205_154920

IMG_20190205_155049

IMG_20190205_155305

4 Likes

I update the files fairly frequently (especially if someone were to point out a design change that i find beneficial! :D) It’s safe to download the most recent ones, have made about 10 sets of the recent versions already :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks just going come in :+1: image

2 Likes

IMG_20190210_184314

IMG_20190210_184713

Battery indicator added. Will upload the updated files and the link for the extra PCB in due time…

For those who have already printed the casing, you need only print the top casing if you want this feature. The bottom casing remains the same.

9 Likes

8 Likes