The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

Patent pending

7 Likes

I want it…

I have a few designs I was playing with but I’m not an electronics master quite yet so I would only have the shape and functionality to offer.

Actually incorporates the spring thumb button too haha.

Here we go:

No laughing at my terrible first rendering.

5 Likes

I’m slowly working on modding a mini remote to be more like that, thumb brake has a mechanical override so it’s all stock electronics

Magnetic charging! :smiley:

16 Likes

This makes @DerelictRobot hard

4 Likes

Is the 3.3V regulator needed? I see some people run without it and just use the 4.2V?

Well, the mini remote was running on 2xAA batts before, and I simply assumed that was what the components on the PCB were designed for, approx 3V. I have never tried it without the regulator, and probably won’t. haha.

1 Like

What lifetime do you get with that 1000mah lipo?

No clue… with the batt indicator now, it’s much easier to tell when I have to charge it, so i’d just charge it when it has 2 bars left.

Maybe someone else who did the mod can tell you.

1 Like

Cool thanks :wink: also how do you get it painted so nice lol? Doesnt it get stickey when its hot and ur hands are a bit sweaty?

Practice.

Nope~

Yassss. These magnetic USB adapters are a fricken godsend. I feel like every USB port I own is going to get one, but they’re perfect for remotes.

2 Likes

You first use a primer, paint and a gloss finish?

Is it possible to get the CAD assembly?

Every port I own just got one yesterday :smiley:

1 Like

Depends on the paint im using. But it always starts with primer.

1 Like

And now, wireless charging too! :smiley:

IMG_20190517_220300

8 Likes

I decided I need the battery monitor, so I went ahead and modified my modified remote. :smile:

IMG_1975

IMG_1976

IMG_1977

IMG_1979

It doesn’t really win a lot of points for sexiness but it works and is not in the way when holding the remote.

IMG_1980

Here’s the monitor thingie. It has cost me $1.85 shipped, which I consider a reasonable investment for preventing a dead remote because that can be a rather unpleasant experience. :laughing:

4 Likes

sweet! cool mod :smiley:

1 Like