The AVIO Mini Remote Mod

I had the same issue where I received something slightly different, it’s just a matter of soldering both the battery and out terminals together instead of on two separate pads. IMG_20190122_182902

2 Likes

Thanks for the assist man

2 Likes

One last question hopefully:

So my mini remote power switch snapped off a while back as they’re prone to do. I was going to steal a similar, 5-pin switch from an old nano-x when I noticed this.

2 pins on the MINI pcb’s switch are soldered together

They are not soldered together on the nano remote, switch looks identical image

Can anyone confirm if these 2 should be tied together or not on their Mini’s pcb?

They are tied in the PCB regardless

Perfect, makes sense as that’s the pcb being kept. Just making sure I didn’t get a bad qc

20190327_182125

It’s alive!

11 Likes

20190412_082537

It’s still alive!

Seriously loving this remote though. Thanks again to @nuttyjeff and @Linny for the solid walk through.

Any thoughts of implementing the second channel (wheel) as a button or other registry option?

5 Likes

Nice! I take no credit man, this is all Jeff’s work.

Second channel as in two speed modes?

1 Like

Possibly using it to control lights or something

2 Likes

I modified my mini remote a few weeks back using the enclosure and parts from Jeff. I forgot to share the pics so let me make it up now.

IMG_1719

IMG_1723

I actually didn’t like the enclosure at first. It felt too small and kept slipping off my hand. Then I figured I could hold it like this and control the throttle with my middle finger:

IMG_1842

That works really well for me. I’m very happy with the mod so far.

Battery indicator would be a nice addition, but I believe the battery lasts really long so if I don’t forget to charge it here and there all should be good.

5 Likes

It’s in the new version now :slight_smile:

Have not been posting anything here lately,

To answer some of my PMs at one go, i do still make these remotes :slight_smile: Just been really caught up with other stuff to not be as active as I once was!

1 Like

I can confirm the battery indicator would be a useful feature for me. :smile:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-2/88821/808?u=janpom

2 Likes

nice to see that the remote is still all shiny and red :smiley:

IMG_20190511_113958

7 Likes

What’s the part for the battery level? Thx

Are there any bike brake handle shaped remotes? I haven’t seen one but I feel they would have good control if you’ve got chunky gloves on

2 Likes

How would you achieve braking?

1 Like

Here you go.

2 Likes

Full finger lever to go, heavy spring tumb button to stop, scale brakes to override at both maxes?