SwissBoard P1 4 Wheel Direct Drive

Would it be true to say that silver is not only more conductive ergo efficient, but also will result in cooler running?

I wonder if some ā€œDIYer versionā€ could be cheaply done with bullet connectors or MT30 to unleash the full power for the ones amongst us who are a little nuts. Probably not financially viable though, if itā€™s anything like the smaller motors i was working on getting made, any tiny changes between skews jacks the price up significantly

The silver wire likely gets good quantity discount for enough for 500 motors vs a pair. A couple of us checked on the pricing and we were looking at about $100 for silver, Iā€™m sure that price was top dollar but did not even include enameling, bulk who knows maybe $25 a side enameled otherwise too costly

@McErono thanks for the offer) I might reach out soon!

@banjaxxed Well, silver simply is a more conductive metal than copper meaning that it can either transfer more electricity while staying at the same temperature or transfer an equal amount of electricity while loosing less energy through heat, making it more efficient and this efficiency allows for a cooler running motor.

@Livid Iā€™m thinking of the best way to do that for the guys on this forum. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll come up with something.

@banjaxxed yeah, bulk pricing for silver enameled wire is definitely better. Currently it costs us about $47 per motor.

1 Like

All the love for silver

Come at EPFL in Lausanne, would love to see you there, and there would be a lot of student interested in this product (Lausanne has so many skateboards and longboards all over, itā€™s time to have more esk8 !)

any news? website is down :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Loads! But none that Iā€™d really like to share until we are 100% done with everything. And itā€™s back up)

4 Likes

What is the awg rating of the 3 phase wires inside the sleeve? Are they also only rated for 1300w or such?

Wondering is a DIY user need to also cut the wire back to the motor and solder on some 12awg? Or maybe itā€™s silver all the way to the connector

The sensor connectors could be continue to live where they are, just reseal and use the female connector part which hopefully comes with DIY package.

One other Question, sorry if I missed. What are the wheel specs size-wise

Nice

Yeah, the Higo connector (phase wire wise) is rated to 52V and 25a and you can go a little bit above that.

Iā€™m thinking of making a DIY version with 14AWG wires and a Higo connector for sensors, because you wonā€™t be able to modify the main version of the motor. I just donā€™t think there will be much interest in these within the DIY community since everyone here wants BIG and POWERFULL where as these were designed with portability in mind. Anyways, Iā€™ll seeā€¦

What do you mean by wheel specs? Of the production board? 100mm and you can choose other sizes for the direct drive motors if you want them separately : )

1 Like

Gunna do silver wire still? What temp is it rated for?

Believe it or not but not every DIY builder is screaming POWER! like Jeremy clarkson while going at full speed. And most everyone like to do a portable or commuter build. So there will be a fair bit of interest in this drive as well.

1 Like

Sound good, yep

12awg phases separated from the main wire stack but leave the existing sensor leads where they are and use the same connectors (with 3 empty slots of course)

Not a huge deviation?

Anything new @BoostedBuilder ?

1 Like

Screenshot%20from%202019-02-24%2015-58-42 Lol

9 Likes

Omg an AWD

5 Likes

Haha thanks for spotting that! I totally forgot about the countdown. We are working on what I hope will be a much more intuitive and interesting website comparing to what we are used to today, so itā€™s taking us some time, unfortunately. We are aiming for April 1st to have the final website completed and have the drives online and ready for shipping. Letā€™s see if thatā€™s possible!

7 Likes

Interesting date youā€™ve chosen, but alright. :smiley: Best of luck to you and your team! Itā€™s certainly a market niche that should be filled in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

bump

noname_R

5 Likes

Swiss Board staff right now

12 Likes