SwissBoard P1 4 Wheel Direct Drive

You can’t imagine how perfect this represents us : (

It’s quite ridiculous but I have to say that we are just not ready. Although the website is done and actually turned out way better than I was hoping, I don’t want it to just say out of stock or pre-order for the board and drives.

We’ll swap the countdown for an email subscription as it’s quite obvious now that we aren’t capable of correctly estimating the time required. Exactly the reason why I didn’t want to start a thread about this.

On the good note, the drives are turning out to be incredible little beasts, and I truly think you’ll all love them! Just not tomorrow)

19 Likes

If you keep this honest and humble approach is gonna be fine. The fact that you want to make all things right only means you care about it. Good luck man I wish you the best :wink:

13 Likes

Still doing solid silver wire?

1 Like

No, not anymore. Silver turned out to be much softer than copper and after winding multiple stators, the wire would either crack or break entirely on some of the bends. 1 out of every 5 motors had a broken wire which got really expensive so we ditched the idea.

5 Likes

That will allow less current to flow through and less heat dissipation then ? It’s understandable, that’s why nobody has silver wire in their eboards…

Yes and no. You could push an equal amount of current into silver and copper, silver just wouldn’t get as hot. We were able to achieve a very efficient overall motor design, and we can fit just a little less copper than a 63mm motor. So if you stay under 30 continuous amps, efficiency shouldn’t be problem.

Are you winding these motors yourself?

No, why? ‍

It sounded like you were when you described the process.

@BoostedBuilder have you decided on a price yet? What will it include?

For the drives? Yes, we’ll be offering the dual kit for $449 and the 4WD for $699 with shipping included. The drivetrain’s will be complete with your choice of wheels.

13 Likes

Including TB 110?

1 Like

@BoostedBuilder What’s the max speed on those? how silent are they? stability on high speeds?
let’s say it different: possible to come by and test them?

Ahmyo Akasha wheels will come as standard, larger wheels will have a higher price (for example, kegels +$10). The wheel choice will be from what we have in stock and we don’t have TB wheels. If there is interest for Europeans, I’ll place an order.

2 Likes

Max speed literally? I’d say somewhere around 50mph at 13s, in 4WD and with 110mm wheels but never tested. Pleasantly silent in FOC. I’m not sure how motors affect stability so I don’t know how to answer your question. Sure, when we’re done, you can come by and test them)

2 Likes

I meant the trucks

:open_mouth:

what’s your tested speed?

32mph and trucks feel great) 35+mph should totally be fine but I really wouldn’t advise anyone to go that fast.

3 Likes

i already like your motors :slight_smile:
32mph is the minimum i need
Always thought i was only riding 30kmh on my raptor2 when i actually was riding 50kmh xD

1 Like

You do know that electric skateboards are illegal in Switzerland, right? Be careful!

1 Like

was stoped once bc of “riding a skateboard on the street”
had to pay 20chf

a reason why i’m looking for stealth components
will you sell your decks separately?

1 Like