Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox

I’m not sure how this is going to drive both wheels? Can someone explain…

Hes just testing on single drive. It will be dual drive in the end. Two motors, two mounts.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining this to me. @Skunk Maybe I am not clear about it. That’s right, this is just a single drive. If you want a dual drive, you must have two gearboxes.

1 Like

Well that’s what I assumed, but they were saying it was going to be a design that allowed one motor to drive both wheels… Which I’ve never seen a design that would do that.

Who? I know that was a discussion in a different thread. And I think someone on here randomly brought it up. But the original poster and designer of the drive has been shooting for dual drive from the start. One of the main things that’s trying to be accomplished with this setup, is being able to run 6374 or larger Motors without having a 218 hanger.

2 Likes

I don’t mean like it’s the point of the thread, just that a few mentioned dual drive a couple times so I was just asking about that.

For sure. I don’t see the point in one motor for two wheels. It makes sense with combustion engines. But luckily electric motors are small

1 Like

Lol agreed. Plus I’ve read that if both wheels are going the exact same speed then turning becomes an issue.

How is this going there haven’t been any updates in a while?

Sorry, because I am busy at work recently. I have made new gearboxes and gears this week. I will continue to update and test this weekend.

IMG_6063

29 Likes

Ring gear is stunning. Nice work

7 Likes

Keep it up

Continue testing. Maybe I can start selling after driving for 100 KM.

IMG_6146

IMG_6143

24 Likes

I’m so excited about twin 6374 exhausts on my 10" calibers. Gimme.

8 Likes

Would need a thrust bearing on this right? Maybe could replace the regular motor bearing closest to the shaft w thrust bearings.

:wink:

2 Likes

This looks so awesome all theses gear drive systems are making it hard to do belt drives. it make it look so old

1 Like

yeah i feel you.

Any video? How’s it sound?

Sorry, I didn’t record a new video. But I have a video two months ago and you can refer to it.

1 Like