Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox

Are you going to build a 2nd one to put dial motors on your setup? :slight_smile: This looks awesome!

I love the idea of running these facing outwards on the rear and making them look like badass exhaust system, lol!

2 Likes

Two monsters sticking out the back with red led’s around the can. Make a nice twin ring rear light

7 Likes

How big of a motor/wheel can these take befor they hit the wheels? Whats clearance look like on a 107mm wheel? These are coming out great btw. Keep it up

1 Like

This is a photo of the 6534 motor and the 107mm wheel. Minimum installation 83mm Maximum installation 107mm image image image

10 Likes

For this premium price, I would only sell after 1000km test.

3 Likes

yep agree, put on some more kilometers. 1000km sounds good.

1 Like

This is very similar to something I thought of a while ago but never went thru with lol. Super cool!

In his latest setup he is using all metal gears. 3d printed gear is from a while back.

1 Like

Yeah, I just realized that after writing the comment lol. Edited.

1 Like

It sounds pretty good :+1::+1:

2 Likes

So I guess with his gearbox one could potentially put as long of a motor as they wanted… imagine a 6390 motor or something crazy like that!

1 Like

I would be down for one pair.

3 Likes

Or dual 80100’s! :smile:

5 Likes

@Erodrellyn is this like the one you have?

1 Like

that motor mount has NO clearance with the wheel…

what the f o.O

Yeah lol, where did you find that picture? Looks pretty beat up. Still trying to get input on how to convert it to lithium without blowing anything up.

1 Like

Dammit! Linked it shitty. Sorry, no idea where and why I ended up putting it in this thread? Someone on this forum is rebuilding that beast. You must find them. Haha

2 Likes

Please point me towards the right post when you find it. I really want to complete that project.

1 Like

@MorrisHsu, interesting project! May I ask you for the link where you bought these nice “headless” bolts?

4 Likes