Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

It’s official. Putting silk screen Samuel on the back of the boards with varying degrees of intensity based on the type of FOCer. This kind of shit makes engineering fun :grin:

6 Likes

That will be epic

Really interested on this e-motorcycle version

1 Like

Me too. The Bad Mother FOCer (150V 300A controller) is just a concept right now. galp on the endless sphere has laid the foundation for something like this called the BESC. I’m waiting for him to release the schematics so that I can apply my own FOCery to it.

2 Likes

I’m following it there, now I just need a donor bike, and batteries, and a motor, and a bike driving license. Easy

1 Like

Try and arrange the position of the screen so the leds look like gleams in his grin

So I got some Samuel L. Jackson bitmaps prepared. KiCAD makes you create a custom footprint just for the graphics. I’ll get to it sometime soon.

3 Likes

This would be a great addition to my electric unicycle build! Do you have an itemized parts list with approximate costs? I’ll send a $50 donation as long as someday I can either build one myself using your open source plans or buy one from you if you ever produce these for resale!

1 Like

I don’t have a BOM yet for this line controllers. They’re still in development but I do intend to offer them for sale at least partially assembled sometime after I verify the design. The schematics, gerbers, and KiCAD project files are guaranteed to be released after verification. Check out my “master plan” in a recent post on this thread.

The Cheap FOCer is my first controller design that is closer to being completed. Check out that thread if you haven’t already.

4 Likes

Will do! Its awesome to see more speed controller development in the community.

1 Like

thumbnail

On a unrelated note, I got my first CNC machine up and running. Might be good for making custom heatsinks or enclosures.

21 Likes

Dickbutt is not welcome here, ask me how I know

2 Likes

@banjaxxed How do u know?

1 Like

I smell directFET design

1 Like

4 Likes

Well enjoy it while it lasts I guess…

1 Like

Let’s not get too excited! :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe I’ll do some enclosures with some CNCed graphics to start.

Here’s food for thinks, maybe down the road a dual bad Mother FOCer image

Best keep to a sticker in case Miramax bother you

1 Like

Mine was much much worse, you’ll have to use your imagination

Anyone have some good information on FCC, NRTL, or CE certifications when it comes to ESCs and such? I figure a DIY kit wouldn’t need it but a fully assembled controller might?

Sell a 95% assembled controller?

4 Likes