Single motor spare parts build

Hey guys I’ve been through alot of parts on my Raptor dual and i thought id throw together a board with extra parts i had and a few i had to order.

-Rimable chinese amazon drop through deck

• enertion caliber 2 trucks
  • 90mm abec clones -10s3p space cell i recently fixed -rspec 6355 -torque boards motor mount -torque boards 12mm 16/36 pullys -enertion vesc -winning remote

I just need some type of encloser. the pulleys and motor mount come tomorrow I cant wait to put together this cheap little cruiser and ill finally have a second board so that i can have riding buddies

Looks good so far, good luck on the build from a fellow bassist!

1 Like

I just thought it would be better to have a second working board even if its not crazy power full or fast its still more fun than having spare parts collect dust. I like bass its so fun, but i do have guitars too

Got the parts in that I ordered but i got home late from work today so I only did minimal stuff so far so good, I’m going to the hobby shop after work I forgot to buy the 3 pin connector for the receiver and then I’ll hit up home depot to make some type of encloser.

1 Like

hmmm i took apart my old damaged Rspec 6355 motor and i was able to fix it now i have 2 good motors i should send my broken vesc in for repair and have a dual drive board i just need a second pulley set but ill save that for another time

Here she is I took it for a ride and wow it’s amazing how much fun it is to skate your own jalopy, this cheap deck actually feels quite stable at speed maybe cause It’s a lot lower to the ground compared to my raptor It’s definitely lacking torque but it gets up there over 20mph I don’t mind the lack of torque there are no hills and this board was ment for my girl and she’s a lot lighter than I.

I will keep updating the board little by little, I’ll need a better enclosed later and I have the second rspec motor I fixed, so next is to send out my broken vesc for repair and order a second pull kit. I’ll make a video tomorrow when it’s day time.

i have to mess with vesc settings, acceleration is too slow my Raptor 1 accelerated faster and had better brakes when i ran the same single motor when my other motor had broken.

what motor are the max motor amps i should put on a 6355 rspec?

Keep it under 80a

how much for the battery?

right now i have 40am motor max and 25amp battery max

im going to test ride it here are my new configs

Motor max 60 motor min -60 battery max 30 mattery min -14 absolute max 130 im gona test ride it right now and see how it works

ok that didnt work vesc kept resetting. maybe too many amps

Finally got settings working to my desire. But after riding the board around the belt started slipping under braking when I go to check 3 out of 4 grub screws were missing and the last one was almost all the way out… yay I’m just gonna replace the grub screws with hex head bolts that way I can really crank down on them. Never had this issue with the enertion motor mounts lol

I got new screws and went for a ride yesterday and all was well until I got under 50% battery under full throttle at times the power just cuts out for a second then comes back and it doesn’t happen when I accelorte slowly, this would happen when I tried to up the motor amps and couldn’t get it to work, at factory settings 40amp motor and 25amp battery It worked but the acceloration is sub par and i did make the brakes -60 amp and it’s much better but I don’t like the throttle cutting off it’s quite jerky and happened to me while I was adjusting my back foot and almost fell off.

I’m not sure if my old enertion vesc us under performing or it’s my Battery that’s not putting out enough amps but something is not right.

I think I may figured out the problem when I removed the vesc from my Raptor I left the capacitor in there and connected them to my Focbox so the vesc im using on the single build does not have a capacitor so that make sense why I keep getting power cuts and why I can’t set the motor amps higher with out it cutting out on me.

I don’t want to mess with my Raptor build but does the Focbox need that capacitor or could I add it to my single build and be okay.

i was thinking of picking this up for my set up, do you think this will be good enough for an eskate? https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-011-0002-02-Pack-Capacitor/dp/B0062GK06A

NO! Do not buy that. They don’t say what the ratings are on it. That is reason enough to not touch it.

There is an answer at the bottom that says it’s 50 volts at 880 farads. If that’s the case, I’ll give you $100. That’s an outright lie. This would be house-sized and cost a million dollars if it was 50V 880F

i think it means 880uf lol

i would think 50v is enough since im running 10s but im not sure if 880us is enough for a vesc ive read of others using 1000uf+

i do like the neat little package but in the end if its not enough then its not worth it

but i know what you mean i have a 12v 10f capacitor in my car for my stereo and its huge

Well I wouldn’t buy it based on guessing. It’s clear they hide it on purpose. If you want a real capacitor go to Digikey or Allied or Mouser

Here’s one for ten bucks it’s 63V 22mF and I guarantee it’s better than that one.