SESC a VESC 6 derivative

20180720_163307

1 Like

Yes, I know. Iā€™m already stressed seeing that itā€™s metal on cable without grommets isolating both, or I did not see that properly.

1 Like

@secupol, of course not my intention to make any flames going your way but it is just some worry i get when i see the pictures, I assume you are aiming for a quality product, just trying to help you iron-out potential reliability issues.

Silicon wire is super convenient, heat resistant, flexible,ā€¦ and in practice most silicon insulated wire is able to stand some abuse but it is really soft and can easily be scarred, imo the hard mount in the case with is no strain/stress relieve creates another issue of potential shorting to the case, try bending the cable sharp a few times at the entrance and check the insulation, a simple solution could be to add some heat shrink around wire where it touches and exits the case

Lool, the wire will be damaged after 100km guaranteed tried that myself, guess why we have grommets in our casesā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not just the large vibrations that will cause damage. Micro vibrations from road texture will wear through components like an electric sander. On my first build with vesc 4, the caps were resting on plastic enclosure, after like 100km the caps aluminum casing had worn all the way through, just from resting on PE plastic. My caps had holes in them! So now everything is hot glued down so it canā€™t rub.

3 Likes

But dont mind me magical capacitors will cure all problems :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you have a esk8? In my view, you are calculations that have never experienced a esk8. Hummmm, you are not calculating the fear of vibration at all!

2 Likes

82 micro-magical-farads

82 Ī¼MF

1 Like

Iā€™m not seeing how a person would run dual vesc or sensored on this

Hmmā€¦Looks to me like you cannot run PPM and UART(bluetooth module) at the same time. At least on a single set up. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Sure you can(bus).

ppm port is not the same as the uart port.

1 Like

Your design is brilliant and I donā€™t understand why some of the guys hereā€™re chewing on your ass. It is obvious to me that you are a professional. I wish I had your knowledge. I just donā€™t feel like learning a new skill, so I will stick with mechanical engineering. Good luck.

The design is good, aside from issues (easily fixed) that heavily experienced members here have pointed out. Instead of rectifying or even acknowledging the very real issues this chap has decided to go on the full defensive.

The cost is also a big hindrance. Thereā€™s just no reason to save $50 on this over a vesc 6.6 that will produce consistent results like a damn work horse.

Fix a few things and half the price and this will contend. As it stands its an expensive box of fire in waiting.

2 Likes

New!! 1280x924_spin_a

FOC_SPIN(Left) : InstaSpin-FOC MOTION_SPIN(Right) : VESC 6 derivative

1280x924_motion_spin_top 1280x924_motion_spin_bottom 1280x924_motion_spin_with_heatsink

13 Likes

What do you mean by insta_spin and motion_spin?

FOC-SPIN and MOTION-SPIN is model name as it is called FOC-BOX. FOC-SPIN has TI(Texas Instruments)'s InstaSpin-FOC firmware. MOTION-SPIN has VESC 6ā€™s firmware.

3 Likes

Woah, youā€™re running different firmware on these? Thatā€™s very interesting.

Whatā€™s your pricing on these? They look VERY compact.

I put this thread on my watch list.

EDIT: I re-read through this whole thread. Interesting details, I found the speed and current limits.

3 Likes

MOTION-SPIN is the same as the vesc 6 specification. FOC-SPIN will be the same as the vesc 6 specification.

1 Like

Big claims :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Have any videos or something?

what are the changes to the previous version you made? whatĀ“s the latest information about the constant current they can handle? The max ERPM is at 100 000 right? Any updates on the price or it is still around 250-280$ ?