SESC a VESC 6 derivative

I have a 2.5kW power supply. I am willing to beta test for you if you offer the esc at cost.

If you wanted to run sensored on this how would you do it as I dont see a connector port of solder joints to support it

There are pads on the underside of the pcb board.

Look at the table and the bottom pic of pcb above.

Could you tell me about the test method and procedure?

sesc_v1_spec

3 Likes

Please route 3.3V to the UART port :cry: Metr Pro bluetooth module needs that!

The user can easily change the output voltage to 3.3V. You can select either 5V output or 3.3V output with 0 ohm resistor. Soldering can be done without a 0 ohm resistor.

2 Likes

Whats the total height in the enclosure?

sesc_v1_heigt

3 Likes

@secupol I still like your design, but how is that negative battery lead secured? if I look at the pictures it might be rubbing the micro USB port which has sharp-ish edges on the back, with our bumpy esk8’s that will lead to the magic smoke to escape

1 Like

I do not understand what you’re talking about.

1 Like

The microUSB jack that is soldered to the PCB is right next to the negative battery lead. Under heave vibration it will fray through the negative lead insulation.

I do not understand why that is the problem. Why is it that the insulated cable closes to the usb connector?

1 Like

Grab that black cable after you have the PCB installed in it’s case and pull on it about 50 times. See if there are any marks on the insulation of the cable.

On my build, those cables are constantly moving around.

The case secures the cable. And if you have any problematic photos, please show them.

@secupol Extreme vibration is something many folks here are skilled at dealing with, you should listen to their suggestions. That looks like a place of failure and they’re pointing that out to you.

I am sorry, but I can judge whether it is contents to listen or not. It is only speculation that I judged the picture, not the real one.

1 Like

That cable is not ridged. If there is a bit of slack, it could still move around upon sudden ‘‘impacts’’, e.g. jumping/sidewalks/potholes etc. Hold the cable in between your fingers and move it on one end. It will move on the other end too.

A bit of adhesive foam would already resolve the issue.

When the case is tightened, the cable is firmly fixed. It looks like you are making an unreasonable pincushion when you look at the picture.

Ok, I tried :wink: It’s your product. If I were to purchase it, I’d still pull it apart knowing this and add a bit of sub 1 dollar security.

1 Like