SESC a VESC 6 derivative

@anon64938381 maybe you want to scroll through the thread? there are a lot of information and i think also some videos he already posted.

1 Like

I was talking about the new designs, but yeah I should :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

nu he honestly doesnĀ“t clame anything with his last post besides that they can run with VESC6 fw. :sweat_smile:

Short video for test

5 Likes

Looks good. Cool to see others working on it. But no sensor port and $250 no thank you. Iā€™ll stick to the the focbox or another vesc 6 version.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing why not have the sensor port and no can or ppm

Thereā€™s CAN, I see a CAN H and CAN L listed in the photo from June 30th. As is the ppm, itā€™s just not a standard ppm port.

wow your are gunning for originality here :kissing_heart:

I think language barrier is a factor here. He explained the difference in models above.

Letā€™s try to give him the benefit of the doubt here- we want to encourage work like this and heā€™s been posting a lot of data to a pretty tough crowd.

5 Likes

1280x924_motion_spin_top_index ā‘  USB Port ā‘” CAN Port - CAN-H - CAN-L - CAN-GND ā‘¢ APP Port - V+(5V) - UART-TX - UART-RX - PPM or ADC (Selected by VESC Tool) - GND ā‘£ Sensor Port - V+(5V) - HALL-A - HALL-B - HALL-C - Motor-Temperature - GND

13 Likes

This is awesome! Fantastic work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time to document your work on this project. I think itā€™s worth noting that youā€™ve showed more openness and willingness to share your work & data than a lot of projects Iā€™ve seen on here. I find it strange when people are so quick to try to enforce someone elseā€™s license/share-alike clause.

Can I ask if this is more of a personal exercise or are you looking to sell these? Any update on an estimated cost per unit?

7 Likes

Is it generally the 5v then temp then hall 1,2,3 then ground.

This is cool but I just donā€™t see it making its way to adoption against the unity or vesc6 derivatives like the ESCape.

Given the disappearance of the ESCape there is a place for this, but the expectation would be the same price as the ESCape otherwise donā€™t see any take up no matter how dandy it is, I like the form factor Edit: Completly forgot about the Flipsky v6 clone, that is the target product that took over from the ESCape, I donā€™t have any as I wasnā€™t impressed with how they introduced themselves on the forum

dc_link_capacitors The above picture shows the stability of the power applied to the FET drain when the motor is driven by using two different types of capacitors using MOTION-SPIN. As you can see, it is stable when polymer capacitors are used, but if you use general film capacitors, you will see a lot of swinging when driving the motor. Despite having 10 times the capacity.

4 Likes

You know Itā€™s funny you mentioned flipsky as the target productā€¦ Iā€™ve been talking with a few eskate manufacturers who source their own vescs (Arcboards and Hoyt run 4.12 single and dual respectively, for example) and got a somewhat detailed picture of whatā€™s going on over in the Asian esc marketā€¦ tl;dr it seems Flipsky sort of came in and steamrolled over every vesc supplier (not counting other escs) in the market with insanely low prices (for suppliers), even running a couple out of the vesc business. Now itā€™s the mad dash to the bottom in terms of price and quality for the rest :grimacing:

So I think the reason theyā€™re not really handling the consumer sales side that well is because it doesnā€™t really matter to them. They make most of their profits on the b2b side as basically the only competitive supplierā€¦

Anyways sorry for derailing your thread @secupol :stuck_out_tongue: good luck with the sesc, what youā€™ve done so far is super nice! It would be awesome to see an esc out of Korea that performs really well :+1:

5 Likes

Donā€™t buy the marketing jive from the capacitor-sellers

Farads matter, and this is a high-current situation demanding large quantities of electrons and nothing else will do.

Weā€™re not talking about a simple power supply ripple filter here. This has a straight-up square-wave load.

2 Likes

This is an experiment to check FET drain voltage stability using MOTION-SPIN esc with two different capacitors. When the polymer capacitor is used, it can be seen that the power source is stable without loose.

4 Likes

But firstly, ā€œfaradsā€ is a scientific measurement so if it was really just as good, it would be just as many farads.

But secondly and most importantly, folks around here like to push stuff past the safe zone, and even if you extended the safe zone, they would push beyond the new boundary, and cheaping-out on filter caps could let some high voltage inductor flyback into the circuit

People around here are all about running a circuit at 99% rated voltage LoLz

2 Likes

As you say, the Farad is a scientific measure and the capacity is the most important parameter to use here. However, in a wide range of frequencies, common capacitors do not provide adequate capacitive characteristics. Test directly with two capacitors.

2 Likes